New here? Meet & greet!

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Salty Joe

New here? Meet & greet!

Postby Salty Joe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 am

Hey there,

And welcome to Playtonic Forums.

This thread is for all new members to introduce themselves - and for existing members to give them a hello, welcome and a very complicated handshake!

For all intents and purposes, my name is Salty Joe and I've just joined this board after I saw Playtonic Games advertising it on Twitter. In case it wasn't abundantly clear, I love Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie so to say I'm looking forward to Yooka-Laylee is an understatement!

I look forward to getting to know all of you frighteningly well.

(And if like me you're new...say hello! We don't bite! * :D )

Mark the Dragon

Re: New here? Meet & greet!

Postby Mark the Dragon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 am

Where is Big Al when you need somme burgers?

So hey there Salty Joe, did you have any luck in being someone's sidekick? Or are you still selling fries?

Nice to meet you! i'm Mark and even though i never playd Banjo Kazooie on a N64 (Do emulators count nowadays?) I used to play Spyro a lot in my PS1.
They told me i couldn't play games because of my claws. Q,Q

Salty Joe

Postby Salty Joe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 am

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 am

you kuh lady

Latikos

Postby Latikos » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 am

That's a nice idea of topic, I remember when I first arrived I searched for ten minutes for this kind of topic 'cause I didn't know if I had to introduce myself or not.

So hello! My username is Latikos (real one is Ben), I'm french and I joined the forum at the beginning of June. I used to lurk here from time to time but then decided to join =) That's pretty much it...

When I was really young, I used to watch my big sister play her copy of BK and loving it, she let me try the game and I got hooked immediately. I used to play the hell out of BK and BT on my N64 when I was younger and I even bought a Xbox360 only to replay the games on the Xbox Live Arcade and try out Nuts&Bolts (sadly it's been collecting dust since 2008 ^^")

Otherwise, I like drawing on paper or computer.

Oh and I'll take one serving of fries please!

Fynrir

Postby Fynrir » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:35 am

Nickname: Fynrir.
Studies: Web design (HTML PHP JavaScript and Databases, We also get to learn using web templates like ajax etc, and also creating our own such solutions).

Currently working on: I'm the head developer for the unofficial Yooka Laylee chat. More information here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4071
We need people so go in there and see if there's something you match for. :)

Motto: "Do your work efficiently, don't cupcake around. Always do your best and be humble about it, but not self-hating about it. Don't take bullshit from a crappy boss either. No unnecessary breaks."

Likes: Bosses that are down to earth and know when to chew out his employee and when to simply say "Good job" where it is deserved. Everything about computers (Except Windows and Mac). BK!

Dislikes: To many things to list.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:24 am

Hey new people, you are VERY welcome here.

And now I'm suddenly craving some French fries....

Razer8

Postby Razer8 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:05 am

Interesting thread you submitted. This is a great way of making fellow Yooka-Laylee (or generally Rareware/Playtonic Games) fans. I'm actually new here, so hello everyone in the Platonic forums!
*To be updated*

Salty Joe

Postby Salty Joe » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:22 am

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello lovely new people!

I sure hope you newcomers can spark new life into this board! Thanks for joining!

My name is Joost, I'm from Holland and studied IT Network & System design. Currently unemployed.

I love everything old Rare, these games made my childhood and I try to be the first one to get the latest information about Yooka Laylee. So I'm stalking the designers quite a bit (succesfully!)
If there are any leads let me know, I'm a digger and will find the truth... eventually.

Right now we're trying to create a chat service for this forum, thanks to Fynrir this is finially happening.

Hobbies include and are not limited to: climbing mountains, playing games, walking incredibly long distances, adventure, uncovering information, puzzles, riddles and squash XD

Have a great day and welcome once again!
Stop picking your nose

Salty Joe

Postby Salty Joe » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am

Return to “Community Discussion”