POI - A New 3D Platformer

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
John Enigma

POI - A New 3D Platformer

Postby John Enigma » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 am

Look at this!

POI!

Here's the .
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

wwwarea

Re: POI - A New 3D Platformer

Postby wwwarea » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:52 am

The announcement of the 3D platformer it's self actually happened months ago. But the Kickstarter part is very recent. :)

I wonder if you can actually explore the fields? I am not sure if that was cutscene only but I would find it very special if you can. :)

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 am

It seems interesting enough that if it comes out and the reviews of it aren't abyssmal I'll buy it, but $20 put in the blind faith of developers I've never bought from before? I'll be happy for them if they meet their goal, but I won't be helping them with reaching it.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 am

If super mario 64 and zelda wind waker had sex, this would be the child.

Looks decent enough that i would play it but im not going to back people on ks that i know nothing about.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 am

Considering how they are complete newcomers with seemingly zero experience, they are probably setting their target a bit too high with this Kickstarter.

That said, the game itself looks novel enough.
Maybe the team from "A Hat in Time" could give them some pointers if the KS doesn't pull through?

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Yeah, I think I supported enough 3D platformers on Kickstarter. 2 of these three have been proven worthy already (A Hat in Time and Yooka-Laylee, of course), but I'm still waiting for some gameplay footage of Lobodestroyo.

While this one looks okay, I guess, I won't risk to pledge for a 4th game. Maybe I'll get it once it's out & proven as good. But overall, it's really good to see more and more games of this genre pop up! More competitions means more effort, so (almost) everyone benefits from that!

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Another cutesy looking 3D platformer game with a Wind Waker-like art style? I'll pass on this one.

I hope there is an indie studio somewhere out there that wants to make a dark and depressing 3D platformer like Rayman 2: The Great Escape was someday. Hell, I would pledge as soon as possible when I hear the news of the Kickstarter for that hypothetical video game. It will be at least more original than all those cookie cutter games that I see popping up like weeds in a garden on Kickstarter.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:13 am

Hmmm...I'm not really feeling this one.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Well, looks like this project will fail. A lot of people thought that Poi was actually ripping off of The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker and Super Mario 64.

It's a shame, really. Because I thought that if were going to have another 3D platformer for the WiiU, I would've said the more, the merrier.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

wwwarea

Postby wwwarea » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:13 am

GameFreak

Postby GameFreak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:52 am

Good to know you guys like myself are having mixed feelings. I'm getting kinda sick of all these rather unorignal looking 3D platform games "attempting" to "redefine" and "recapture" the magic of the 3D Platform. Yeah no...Yooka Laylee is all I need. I am looking forward to A hat in Time tho, while it didnt seem all that original at first, it kinda gained its own identity at least in my opinion and after playing the demo for it, its pretty fun. Garbage like, Clive n Wrench or Freeze Me just look so unoriginal and seem to be trying way to hard to make a game like Banjo. Sorry POI, ill stick with the chameleon and bat.

Return to “Community Discussion”