Microsoft @ E3 coming in 15 minutes

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
dotEXE

Microsoft @ E3 coming in 15 minutes

Postby dotEXE » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

If we're going to see Grant's new project at E3 or Banjo (hah)... or Sea of Dead Dreams it'll probably be during this conference. Personally I think MS needs a BIG conference this year if they want to not totally fail this console generation.
Make the forum great again.

Xellos

Re: Microsoft @ E3 coming in 15 minutes

Postby Xellos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Maybe they will reveal something interesting for this year.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:08 pm

You know... Sea of dead dreams actually sounds kinda creepy in a good way. Why didnt they name it that XD
Stop picking your nose

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:32 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Well, the MS showing was a bit average. The indie games looked better than most the AAA titles. There were so many cool indie titles I can't even remember them all. From the AAA side... Scalebound looked cool if not a little cringey, ReCore looked cool, FF15 looks awesome but I'm not getting it on XBO. Gears 4 looked pretty good, Forza Horizons 3 looked pretty good. The Xbox Slim looks nice, if I can trade my existing one in for it. Sea of Thieves looked suuuuuuuuuuuuuper empty. They showed some ships shooting some other ships but all I could think was "deserted islands, and what's the point".

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

HOLY CR*P!!!
Did anyone spot the new Banjo game? :shock:
No, me neither...

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm

That was disappointing.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Actually, since Microsoft is releasing all these new games for Xbox AND PC, I might just sell my Xbox One now. I can play all the new titles on a far superior system. Why would I keep the clunky paperweight around. Netflix, yeah, but that's not super compelling.

rocho

Postby rocho » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

I think sea of dead dreams fits perfectly as what was shown today felt very bland and uninspired...

What was Rare working on this whole year? This looks a bit worse than the reveal trailer... I'm so disappointed right now but hope they end up doing something worthy of the Rare DNA.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:15 pm

I didn't watch. What did I miss? XD

Edit:

Saw the trailer of the sea of thieves game...
You know, this seems like something that Miitomo already showed. It looks all cool and stuff because it's "new" (but not really) but after a few hours of gaming I can't really think of this being a commercial succes. Dunno how they want to sell it yet though.

You have sea fights, like in assassins creed. on a broader scale probably. But all the fun seems to be with online ppl / friends so far. So it's a community game. Because these guys have fun together. Imagine doing this alone :)
It will become some sort of grind-fest? Not even that? Well whatever. It seems nice but doesnt attract me (yet) I can do this in a Gmod server with TF2 graphics. Sandbox-like. But this game seems to offer less content although more polished.

Guess we'll see! Can't judge a book by its cover eh? Lol

... I seriously laughed at the getting drunk part. Although it seems 'fun' what gameplay benefit other than roleplaying could it give?

Just based on everything I see right now, this game seems to aim at several genres to attract gamers from but really fails to deliver strong arguments why I would like this game as that kind if gamer. (Trying to look from a different angles here)

This trailer did not impress me in comparison to what we saw last. It actually was a bit dissapointing. Sorry. (Imo)
Stop picking your nose

rocho

Postby rocho » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 pm

I was quite excited for the Sea of Thieves reveal. Sure, they didn't show much beyond basic, day one gameplay, but I feel like they might be keeping more stuff secret. The still image trailer contained some interesting things. We saw merfolk joining in addition to skeletons, the kraken, and sharks. None of this stuff has been shown in gameplay yet. Also, I was quite interested to see that trailer show players fairly deep down in the ocean. I'm hoping this means that there will be some sort of diving mechanic. Perhaps you can obtain items that you can give to a town shaman who will craft a magical breathing item that allows you to explore underwater for extended periods of time.

The game is certainly still more wait-and-see than must-buy, but I think the potential for the game is through the roof. The gameplay that we saw actually brought tears to my eyes. Sure, it looked empty on the surface, but I honestly didn't expect a checklist of things-to-do to be presented. I think if there's a crafting system, monetary system that forces players to really care about things like dying or wasting ammo/sword durability and ship damage, and plenty of easter egg-like treasures and relics to find, some perhaps being as difficult to discover as Battlefield easter eggs (items/events that take the entire community several months working together to discover), then I think the game will be an absolute blast.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:02 am

Deep sea diving sound cool, then add in some giant sea creatures that can actually be interacted with like Cthulhu and Kraken, then perhaps I'm way more interested XD no game has ever done this right to this day save for one game where a Megadolon was an easter egg. That was epic!
Stop picking your nose

Zita

Postby Zita » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:22 am

| | |

BanjoThreeie

Postby BanjoThreeie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I think Microsoft's conference was just as good as Sony's. Sea of Thieves looks like fun, but they didn't show many aspects of the game other than sailing and ship battles... assuming there's more to the game than that. I'm still fairly optimistic, and it looks like the kind of game you'd have fun with your friends no matter what. Hopefully the game does well.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Sony's absolutely slayed! All gameplay footage for TONS of great titles. A nordic God of War, new Spider Man from the same people who did Spider Man 2, Days Gone with its absolute ocean of enemies and cool explosions and interactive environment, Detroit: Become Human with like 400 possible outcomes for each scenario, Horizon Zero Dawn - just everything about it, CRASH BANDICOOT 1/2/3 remaster! Death Stranding from Hideo Kojima. The Last Guardian! Even the new Call of Duty looked amazing, I thought it was a totally new IP until the logo came up at the end. That's actually the first CoD since MW2 that I'll be buying (assuming reviews give it the ok).

It wasn't even close! Sony absolutely killed!!

djfuts

Postby djfuts » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 am

assume you cannot play PC version without having an Xbox one? Is that correct?

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Nope, they said any purchase gets you the game on Xbox AND Windows 10. They said you don't need to own an Xbox.

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Wow, you actually think the new CoD is good? It's almost certainly going to be the worst in the entire franchise. And I guess Sony products just aren't for me. I don't think there's a single exclusive they offer that doesn't make me cringe and pull my hair out at how bad it looks. Honestly surprised there's so many Sony/PS fans on this forum, their stuff is just so disgusting to me, including Bandicoot/Ratchet and stuff that should be similar to what Rare does. Also, I absolutely hate how much narrative-driven stuff they put out. That's not gaming at all to me.

Return to “Community Discussion”