Nintendo e3 stream

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Yavga

Nintendo e3 stream

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 am

You can watch it live on twitch in about... 8 hours?

I am quite hyped for the new Zelda (even for the damn pokemon games that are becoming bland as cupcake)

I don't even own a Wii U, already sold it like way back and felt uterly dissapointed. Zelda may change that. Skyward Sword was a really great game but I did just one playthrough, normally I do a lot more. So something changed, gamer fatigue perhaps? Dunno... Anyway, who's wondering what we'll see later today?
Stop picking your nose

Yavga

Re: Nintendo e3 stream

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:59 pm

One hour remaining! And no one gives 2 shits XD I will just rave on alone 8)
Stop picking your nose

BanjoThreeie

Postby BanjoThreeie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm excited for Zelda, but not enough to watch an entire hour long presentation of it. I'll probably watch 5-10 minutes of it.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:56 pm

*Soon* :D
Stop picking your nose

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

The new Zelda seems to become nothing less than excellent. I think they broke the right conventions because they got me very... Very curious. Especially about the story!

Spoiler

More will come but I'm blown away already.

Oh! They're continuing!

Game really looks to become like Skyrim/Witcher games. Which I like, wonder how the community will take it though. So far they havent shown any story, dungeon or puzzle yet

Another break... Wow, just wow. Critics will either bash the resemblance to other games or embrace it. Hoping the latter.

Villain confirmed :O:

Alright, another break. So far I feel like a spoiled child at Christmas. All the best influences from past Zelda games, this is becoming the result. There are also ofcourse... Questions and concerns, but they are basically about the "diversity" of world items. Although I believe they are just using only certain items for this demo. There are many MANY chests scattered throughout Hyrule. I won't judge otherwise than WOW!

Combat next:

Break. That was kinda dull actually. Combat is really fun but they took too much time goofing around. I couldnt understand whats up next because those gamer chicks were screaming through the announcers text. This chick that plays the game is really annoying btw, but she has nice features, which makes up for that. They do distract from the game somewhat though.

Oh... Ammibos, dont care XD

Some features that I gathered aside from current material: (IMPRESSIVE THINGS)

One thing... Where are the rupees? O_o
*Reads article*... Ohhhhh I see now, clever! This will become surprising :)
Stop picking your nose

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Heh, thanks for the roundup! What about the rupees though?

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Stop picking your nose

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:49 am

For what I undesrtand in the Zelda game you figure out the story on your own by paying attention to the different ruins at your own pace and order.
Because of this I want to avoid spoilers like the plague, but now I wonder if I should get a Wii U or an NX when it comes out. I hope we learn more about the NX and the differences between the two versions soon enough.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

djfuts

Postby djfuts » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:52 am

not overly impressed to be honest, looks like skyrim or something not really forging its own identity like the Zelda's of yesteryear used to! have sold my wii u now as been disillusioned with nintendo recently, my buy NX if they deliever on all their promises but given that we can play games like Yooka Laylee on all platforms no real reason to bank on Nintendo at the moment.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 am

I'm window cleaning amazed by everything Zelda so far. There's a little worrying feeling since I wanted to see something story related, like characters or towns, but they will be there. They just don't want to spoil us as much, which I can understand for a multi-hour stream and demo booths. There will be a main story with cutscenes and all that jazz, for certain.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:37 pm

I dunno. On one hand, I think the mechanics of the new Zelda look really cool. I was particularly impressed when one player accidentally dropped a bomb on himself and it blew him back 10 feet and over the edge of a cliff. The ice-block thingy is kind of cool too as long as it's not overused. I like the "coldness" mechanic, and hope there are more similar survival mechanics. I like the graphics.

On the other hand the world was pretty darn empty. There weren't even grass textures for a lot of it... and the BIG kicker - it's going to come out for WiiU and NX. This means the NX version is really the "true" version. But I'm so burned by my WiiU that I don't want to buy an NX. So unless Nintendo comes out with 5 solid launch titles (Zelda can be one)... I don't see myself ever getting this game anyway.

Edit: Just watched some more gifs of the game, and due to the physics playground this is alone, I don't think I can possibly NOT play this. Which means the NX better launch with some SERIOUSLY good games because I don't want this for WiiU.
Make the forum great again.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Zelda looks fantastic.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:29 pm

According to Minamoto-san, they'll need to sell 2 million copies of Breath of the Wild to turn a profit.

Considering how it's a launch title for NX as well as being released on Wii U, it should achieve this with consummate ease.

Return to “Community Discussion”