Hopes For An Upcoming Donkey Kong 3D Game

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Pantherpro22

Hopes For An Upcoming Donkey Kong 3D Game

Postby Pantherpro22 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:31 am

What would your hopes be for a 3D Donkey Kong game if one came out?

NPChilla

Re: Hopes For An Upcoming Donkey Kong 3D Game

Postby NPChilla » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:31 pm

That it would have the charm and wit of previous attempts - but NOT going as overboard with collectables as DK64.

GeneralWalnut

Postby GeneralWalnut » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:34 pm

I would hope they'd stick with Retro developing, I'd love to see what those guys do with a 3D platformer. I'd hope the collectibles were toned down from DK64, the worlds weren't so big and empty, and that it had more focused gameplay instead of doing a billion things.

Just getting rid of the music pad stuff, guns, and the weird special attack stuff would go a long way. It would be interesting to see them try and incorporate the animal friend stuff in 3D, maybe something like the animal stuff in that Sabreman Stampede game Rare was making for the Xbox at some point.

I doubt it's gonna happen, especially any time soon and from Retro (I think they've probably moved on from DK at this point) but if there's enough of a collectathon resurgence never say never I suppose.

Pantherpro22

Postby Pantherpro22 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:47 pm

GeneralWalnut

Postby GeneralWalnut » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:59 pm

They need to make the worlds and tasks more lively and interesting. More different NPCs from the DKC / Retro's DK games in unique places, no repeating tasks (also completely unique ones if possible) and yes, less collectibles/playable characters.

I think it's not a wild guess that Banjo-Kazooie with only one playable character(-duo and transformations that were used for one or two tasks) felt more varied and exciting than DK64 ever was. If it wasn't for the great atmosphere in some places (mostly in relation with the great score), that is.

Return to “Community Discussion”