Jon Jafari (JonTron) and his role in Yooka-Laylee

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Savage Rodent

Re: Jon Jafari (JonTron) and his role in Yooka-Laylee

Postby Savage Rodent » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm just curious why people are okay with hypocrisy. Should we not practice what we preach or what? Supporting diversity of all forms is just too broad of a statement, and can easily get you in trouble. And look what's happened.
Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Stop picking your nose

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Considering this is Playtonic's first game, I think this is going to end up biting them up the jacksie...

GeneralWalnut

Postby GeneralWalnut » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 pm

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:27 pm

GeneralWalnut

Postby GeneralWalnut » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Hopix

Postby Hopix » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Well this recent string of events is unfortunate... I guess that's what happens when you come up against the rabid left wing, your hand is forced. I'm still going to try and enjoy the game. Playtonic's attempts at censorship are a damn shame though.
Last edited by Hopix on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 pm

JonTron's words have consequences just like Playtonic will have their consequences for going Political

You have JonTron expressing his Personal Opinion about Immigration, PlayTonic didn't like it and they removed him
in other side you have a Yooka Laylee developer Andy Robinson tweeting and retweeting left wing propaganda and he's still working at Playtonic, so I guess Playtonic is against different Point of view, If You have left wing point of view you're accepted, If You have Right wing point of view You're Poo-Poo and You need to be removed

Right Wing are for Safety of their Nation (they are Evil, they are Racist)
Left Wing are for Open Boarders = Threat for Your nation, because that's why Europe is becoming Eurabia (they are Saints, they are tollerant)

and speakin about Tollerant, did You know Immigrants that are in Europe are NOT tollerant towards the people from Europe? Just like in Africa and South Africa They are NOT tollerant towards white, but We Must be tollerant towards our killers and rapist

thank you Left Wingers, Yooka Laylee can go f*** itself with Playtonic, I'll not support them

They said FU to the people that have Different point of view

@Playtonic Blocking me on twitter will not help you either, it will make the situation much worse, bunch of Genius that you are
can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:12 pm

I find it funny that the people defending Playtonic's actions are just trying to shout things like,

"Ignore the people disappointed, the same that backed the game via Kickstarter, just tuck your eyes and let it go away!"

Because that's always worked before right? Just call those that disagree with you a biggot and a racist instead of encouraging actual discussion. God forbid, you "tolerant" people are only encouraging those that are upset to continue to be upset. Playtonic's PR staff isn't helping making fun of and insulting the people that want their money back; it's solely based on the fact that they too don't understand how some developers, from a company like RARE, would cave to the slightest bit of pressure that hadn't even begun to manifest into a loss of sales for the game. Then they adhere to political outcry instead of just releasing the game as it was intended to release. If that weren't enough the forum moderators delete any thread in any forum whether it be steam, this forum, etc. all because they don't care if you disagree with their decision.

"You gave us your money racists, now take your update and recognize us as a legitimate game developers please!"

The real reason they want to contain all of us to this thread is too simply ignore it, and that's made apparent by the attitude they choose to continue displaying via twitter. Just keep us contained and we'll continue to discuss how disgusted a lot of us actually are with your decision @Playtonic.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Stop picking your nose

PandaLover

Postby PandaLover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 pm

This incident had been pretty well known for awhile and no one really seemed to care much when Playtonic wasnt doing anything about it. I doubt it would of hurt their sales in any noticeable way if they continued to do nothing, especially given most people complaining were from outside the Yooka-Laylee community and weren't going to buy the game anyways. It was basically a non issue and Playtonic made it into an issue by taking a stance instead of just ignoring it which in hindsight would of been the smart thing to do. At the same time, even though alot more people are mad about Playtonic removing JonTron, I dont think playtonic will be hurt too badly. If the game is good Im sure it will still do well, because at the end of the day, probably 95% of people dont really care whether JonTron was allowed to stay on or whether Playtonic kicked him out.

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Last edited by Yavga on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop picking your nose

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Stop picking your nose

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 pm

I've still not seen anyone mention the hypocrisy that is going on though. If Playtonic says they are "a studio that celebrates diversity in all forms" then they should not have removed Jon from the game because of his views. Do as I say, not as I do I suppose. I'm sounding like a broken record here.
Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:58 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:10 am

Stop picking your nose

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 am

Return to “Community Discussion”