Jon Jafari (JonTron) and his role in Yooka-Laylee

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
ryanator008

Re: Jon Jafari (JonTron) and his role in Yooka-Laylee

Postby ryanator008 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:07 pm

TheAnvil

Postby TheAnvil » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Project Ukelele for Wii U. @MLFoxwell

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't see any reason to "try again", and as a German myself: I don't feel Germany was ravaged. At all.

ryanator008

Postby ryanator008 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:17 pm

ryanator008

Postby ryanator008 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:19 pm

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 pm

For all I know if people still want to listen to Jon's voice they should just not update their game?

I had a dream last night that I was playing the game and the part that Jon's character talked came with a black screen and a message saying

"This voice acting has been removed from the game please update your game"

I bet there will be some youtube video in the future showing the voice if that ever happens.

ShyGuyXXL

Postby ShyGuyXXL » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Do we know what character he voiced anyway? Or if it's a big role or just a side character that appears once?

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:35 pm

zeo

Postby zeo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:47 pm

I'll ask again, is there any way to opt out of having my name in the backer credits?

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:11 pm

I just really want playtonic to make another statement to clarify things, what they are doing now in regards to keeping quiet to avoid further rage is what they should have done in the first place. But now this is getting out of hand, I feel they may need to make a statement about this to clarify what people can do in regard to this update.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Stop picking your nose

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Last edited by Rueckkoppler on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:29 pm

zeo

Postby zeo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Stop picking your nose

Plebber

Postby Plebber » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 pm

I was hoping I'd be able to have nice things for once in my life, but I guess that's something I should stop expecting. I was looking forward to the game and how the company would evolve and see what types of games they would bring me after the release of YL.
I was constantly scouring the internet for information about this years before the company was even formed. I still remember reading an interview of Kirkhope mentioning they was talk about getting the band together and bring fans what they wanted. I still remember the glee I would feel when I searched up Mingy Jungo (which later was transformed to the Playtonic twitter account) on twitter and reading tweets about the same things Kirkhope would mention.

Banjo Kazooie was even the very first game I played as a kid, so naturally I hold it in high regard. I was even waiting in anticipation for the kickstarter to launch. I didn't even read through the page before I threw my money in. I was so sure this project would bring me exactly what I was hoping for; a fun game and throwback to the good old days when I was hooking up my N64 and enjoying the humorous and colorful world of BK, where I could forget my worries.

But I guess this was too much to ask for, as they've explicitly sent me a message (by removing Jon's contribution, and their petty, little PR talk about the manner) that they do not want anything to do with people holding the same political opinions as me, which shouldn't have anything to do with a game of this theme in the first place, but still here we are.

It's a shame really, because it was looking so great and I was counting down the days to release, but now I won't be able to enjoy the game as much as I would've liked to, now that I know there has been made changes on political grounds to the game. I won't be able to disconnect from the world and my worries anymore since I will be constantly reminded that they want to convey a political meaning to appease a small crowd of people who wouldn't even give a damn about the game.

It is disheartening to know that every time I will be looking at their future titles (if they decide to even create any future titles) I will be reminded of how little they do care about my support, but are more concerned about my views in politics. So I will heed their words and keep my distance from them in the future.

Also for the record I'm no fan of Jontron and was actually slightly annoyed by his inclusion in the project. However the voice acting consist of unintelligible gibberish so I assumed it wouldn't be easy to recognize. I had actually quite frankly forgotten he was included at all until this whole spectacle.

CoffeeMan

Postby CoffeeMan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 pm

It's really honestly pathetic that Playtonic felt the need to remove Jon's role in the game because he has certain political opinions. I thought the crew that worked on these great, classic games would have the maturity to understand that his PERSONAL beliefs have nothing to do with the making of a video game. The cracks are definitely starting to show in this game and the crew working on it.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Last edited by Rueckkoppler on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Community Discussion”