Since the ports sold on Virtual Console may be available in a lot of systems and even easy to emulate, I think people should take this chance to look at the original games on WiiWare because some of them have never been ported to other consoles and may be too obscure to be available in any way after the shop closes.
Here are some platform games available (though I'm sure there are more):
- Cave Story : A "Metroidvania" kind of game. While available on many system for free the wiiware version was notable for having extra stuff and being more polished.
- NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits : Greek mythology themed. Originated on WiiWare but is now available on Steam.
- Bit.Trip Runner : You go fast and dodge obstacles in sync with music.
- And Yet It Moves : You rotate the stage to help you reach the objetive. Very surreal looking. Originaly for PC, but takes advantage of the wii motion control.
- La-Mulana : A MSX style game.
- Max & the Magic Marker : You draw objects and roads.
- Jett Rocket : A 3D collectathon. WIIWARE EXCLUSIVE.
- LostWinds and sequel : You control the wind to help the playable character get to the objetive.
- Blaster Master: Overdrive : Remake of a NES game. WIIWARE EXCLUSIVE.
- Contra ReBirth, Gradius ReBirth and Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth : Short original entries of these classic series. WIIWARE EXCLUSIVES.
There was another 3d exclusive platformer called The Magic Obelisk but sadly it seems to have been removed from the store years ago.
O O O O H H
B A N A N A