New Guy and Reason Why I'm Here

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
John Enigma

New Guy and Reason Why I'm Here

Postby John Enigma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Good afternoon, everybody. My name is Juan. But you can call me by my username John Enigma if you want to.

I'm from San Juan.

If you must know why I started an account, along with this post, is because I love 3D platformer games. The first 3D platformer games I ever played, believe it or not, was Super Mario Sunshine. Ever since then I had a sudden fond of 3D platformer or 3D-platformer-related games.

I started an account here (well, first I suscribed here), because I'm rooting for these guys. They are willing to bring back the good ol' days of platformer games from the Nintendo 64 era. And what perfect timing, too.

Is been quite a while since we have gotten a decent game in this particular subgenre. Seriously. Nintendo hasn't made a Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy-related game. (Super Mario 3D Land/World doesn't count because of it's time limit. You don't get to do that much like in Super Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie, except play the Captain Toad minigames, which don't have a time limit, but that's just it.) Naughty Dog sold the rights of Crash Bandicoot to another company, and that pissed me off a little bit. (That's why we haven't seen a good Crash game in a LOOOOOONG time.) There are no Spyro games like before. (Now is just Skylander's and is not the same. Besides, they look ugly.)

As I mentioned before, Super Mario Sunshine was the first 3D platformer game I ever played, meaning that the Nintendo GameCube was my first video game HOME console. My first video game console, per se, was the Nintendo Game Boy, with little games that I had. My bio father was the one that introduced me to gaming. I never had the Nintendo 64, and I never played Banjo Kazooie or any other Rare-related game (except for Donkey Kong Country 2 [or was it 3?] and an emulated version of Conker's Bad Fur Day [No links to where I got it, so, sorry.])

*Please don't hurt me if I haven't played Banjo Kazooie. I wish I could, really.

But seriously, I'm rooting these guys to see their game become a success in the really near future. (Despite the fact that I don't have a good modern computer to play games, or a Nintendo WiiU [in which there are rumors that Project Ukulele might come to the Nintendo Wii U after they release it for the PC first]).
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

nicholas362

Re: New Guy and Reason Why I'm Here

Postby nicholas362 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:44 pm

K

Kingrat

Postby Kingrat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Juan. From San Juan. Must say, i'm a fan.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:59 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Kingrat

Postby Kingrat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Of Juan? I most certainly am, my good man.

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Is this another joke from DK Vine? :roll: Or is this genuine (in which case, :roll: :roll: )?

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:09 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Conjo

Postby Conjo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Juan de San Juan (?)
Why you no play Rare platformers from N64 (Or older)? (Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, DK64, etc.)

siggeplump

Postby siggeplump » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Juan Truan

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Great to see that people are interested in this, even though they never played B-K or B-T. Maybe you could say that Playtonic Games achieved to...

*puts glasses on*

...broaden the demographic!

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

DKVineChad

Postby DKVineChad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:50 pm

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:54 pm

DKVineChad

Postby DKVineChad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh, yeah, I totally get what you mean. was created in the late nineties as a parody of obsessive fan culture. The only problem was, we actually were obsessive fans. Thankfully Rare's output really supported that basic irony, and a community was born. The site's had its ebbs and flows in the last 16 years, but when DKC Returns was announced on Wii in 2010 everyone returned in droves with a (largely) renewed, fun, positive spirit.

We take the piss, and we get a little vile at times; such is our way. But these days, the two things we will never stomp on are enthusiasm and engagement. If you enter with a respect for your fellow forumers, the capacity to explain your thoughts clearly, and above all else a sense of humor, you'll be welcomed in with open arms. It's not that bristly, honest.

And as a result of having been around so long, we've definitely amassed a back-catalogue of in-jokes. If you ever find yourself lost by one, just post saying so, and one of our members will gladly give you some background. In fact, I'm now.

Cheers!
Last edited by DKVineChad on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Return to “Community Discussion”