Introductions!

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
EekumBokum202

Introductions!

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:33 am

I did not see a post regarding introductions... If there is an admin for this forum, could they make a topic, or pin an introductions topic to the first page? If this is really the first one, then well...

This is a topic for introduction yourself on this forum! You don't have to say much, just say who you are and why you're here. Perhaps you can go a bit further by saying why you're excited for Project Ukelele, or what kind of games you like, or what did you like about Rare back in it's prime.

I'm EekumBokum202, though my real name is Matt. I heard a while back that some of the Rare guys were going to get together to make a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, and even made a demo/early build of what they intended to make... I don't know if that video still exists, but it was just Banjo and Kazooie running around a very blocky area. Since then I've heard various things, like Grant Kirkhope on Game Grumps saying he just wants to get together with his old buddies and straight-up make Banjo-Threeie, and then hearing that the spiritual successor thing wasn't happening... Then all of a sudden, Playtonic Games comes out of nowhere and teases the game! Now I found out they had a forum, and I'm posting here to show my support and say what I'd like to see, since apparently they're taking all suggestions into consideration!

This is just so exciting, I'm so glad this is happening I LOVED Banjo-Kazooie and everything I'm hearing about this new game is incredible! Who else is excited for it?

C'mon now, don't be shy, tell us about yourself!
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

qwertyo76

Re: Introductions!

Postby qwertyo76 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:36 am

Oi hi. I exist.
"Tiny creatures far below, which of you'll be first to go?"

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:38 am

Notorious Johnathan Taylor here. I'm the one who sent Playtonic the giant bag of tea... and Werther's Originals.
Taylonic Ltd.

DreaminErryDay

Postby DreaminErryDay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:41 am

DreaminErryDay here, long time Rareware/Banjo-Kazooie fan. I used to be a member on the RWP forums a long time ago under a different name I can't remember.

Seeing Playtonic and the spiritual successor to Banjo become a reality is a real dream come true for me, I didn't think something like this would ever happen after the buy out from Microsoft. I'm one of the many fans who bought a 360 mostly to see Rare's new games and hoped for a new Banjo, and like many others, I was heavily disappointed by Nuts & Bolts.

Here's to a hopeful new era of brilliance and fun times in the old spirit of Rareware! :D

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:45 am

Crystle, but just Noke, I guess.

Love silly Nintendo games of all genres, but have been hankering for a new platformer for quite some time. I've been almost exclusively a Nintendo gamer my entire life. I like to talk to people, and I'm legitimately hoping that the community here turns out friendly and active. :D

Enrel

Postby Enrel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:47 am

Hey! I go by Enrel. When I heard the band was getting back together I was cautiously optimistic. Still am to be honest. Though I like a lot of the answers they gave out today, to say it was a sigh of relief listening to them talk about past mistakes as a learning experience. Though I've been burned before like Mighty Number 9 is so... Eh and I was looking forward to it being the next big megaman.

Overall I'm a non-famous let's player and writer when I'm not harshing on myself because I have writer's block. Been trying my hand at some art too but that's not as serious as the other two. Though right now I'm just struggling to make ends meet. If people care I could link and for those who might be interested in either.

Otherwise I don't know I'm looking forward to seeing some great things from people and fingers crossed we'll be reliving some of the glory days of Rare and our youth.

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 am

I am CrazyChaos. That name may or may not be misleading. I am 21, male, in college, and working part-time.
The Banjo-Kazooie series has always been a favorite of mine, though back in the day I was mostly watching my brother play. I am very excited for Ukulele since I have been longing for more games where I am able to freely run and jump in a 3D environment with many places to go, challenges to complete, and secrets to find. In the meantime, I have been playing mostly Monster Hunter, Smash Bros, Dark Souls, Mario, Forward to the Sky, Dungeon Defenders, and a few other games. Which are all fine and dandy, but I am not sure if any of them could raise as much excitement that Ukulele has for me. Not only Ukulele, but the rise of Playtonic itself is exciting as well.

As of right now, Ukulele looks amazing. The two images that we have received are beautiful. The second one has a little gap that I am experiencing a strong desire to jump over. Before those was a concept artwork that looked quite amazing as well. It is looking like it is going to be a fantastic game and I am happy to say, for once, that I do not think that there is anything that could go wrong with this game.

I am open to conversation, though I am not the type to initiate conversation on my own. I intend to do my best to keep my hands and feet inside the vehicle.

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:29 am

I'm Sam. Gardie is my dog. I'm an all-grown-up N64 kid who loves the Banjo games, Zelda, Mario, DK64, Pokemon etc. I love Nintendo most, though if anyone wants to buy me a PS4/Vita or XB1, I'll very happily accept your gift(s). :P

I love 3D platformers and have missed this genre a lot, though now seems to be a good time to be a fan of it! With the Playtonic guys, and other indie games like A Hat in Time, we have a lot coming to us and I am so excited.

I also love cooking and baking (I currently work as a baker, but I'm not planning on staying in that industry), rock music, writing, reading, screwing around in Photoshop, and making websites (that nobody reads). I love animals, and have a dog named Growlithe (Gardie), and two rats named Gonzales and Bernard whom I collectively call the Raticates.

MazLad

Postby MazLad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:41 am

I can still remember being amazed by Donkey Kong Country and how far ahead of anything else it was at the time. I'm more about gameplay than graphics so to see this game come along and do both so well was a real breath of fresh-air. I followed Rare's work through to the end of the N64 era and really enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie, which really helped scratch the 'No Super Mario 64 sequel' itch.
I've only quite recently returned to Nintendo having given up on them post Gamecube, so am enjoying working through some Wii and WiiU titles that I missed out on. Very keen to see what Playtonic Games put together.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia so can be drawn into things like this quite easily:
I followed the development of Broken Sword 5 closely and I have some misgivings about Kickstarter from that. - Don't get me wrong I'm all for exclusive packs etc but don't feel that fans should have any direct input to the game such as naming NPCs or providing voice acting etc. - (It's not a popular view I know!).
"Shanley, do you think Donkey Kong Country revolutionised gaming?"
"Yeah mate, I think it probably did"

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 am

ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

MushroomMoon

Postby MushroomMoon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:59 am

Well hey, I go by MushroomMoon and to satisfy my undying love for those classic Rare games, I though I might as well sign up here to join in with fan talk. I grew up with the N64 even though I was a generation late, but I'm glad I got to play so many great games (BK, BT, Super Mario 64, Zelda OoT and MM, Goldeneye etc). Thus Rare games have always been dear to my heart, and I do share the heartbreak of what Rare has become. Of course the moment I heard about Playtonic and Project Ukulele I couldn't believe it, and now I just want to support it 100% and hype!
I don't really use forums so this is all kinda new to me, but I joined because I really wanted to be amongst all the fans!
I'm watching you

DKVineHyle

Postby DKVineHyle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:07 am

Hello. I'm Hyle, the co-founder of long-running Rare fan community DK Vine as well as one of the writers of Lobodestroyo. I like long walks on the beach, romantic candlelit dinners and beak bombing random poo-poo to see if it will get me into the Ice Key cave.

TheMasterDS

Postby TheMasterDS » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:21 am

Hello, I'm TheMasterDS. I wrote a question into the last Kongversation with Chris Sutherland that hit the hammer on the head so hard Chris said it was almost as if he wrote it. However I can assure you Chris Sutherland is not ghostwriting for me, that'd be ridiculous. I wish he was ghostwriting for me, that'd be amazing.

Anyway. I'm well known around DKVine and I also spend a good deal of time following Giant Bomb. Dan Ryckert is my current favorite person. He's the best. I like diversity in games (I do not abide gaters) and Chris Seavor ghostwrites posts for me sometimes. Completely different Ex Rare Chris, not ridiculous at all.

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:29 am

I'm uh... scraps69. Not to be confused with leftovers but definitely not to be confused sexually... or sexually confused. I'm not sure anymore...

Anyway, I like seamen, blow holes, big fat juicy roosters, buttering muffins, volcanic eruptions, firm hard rams, getting my balls out while playing golf, using both hands on the joystick, going through the back door, barely fitting popsicles into my mouth and dunking teabags...

What's with the awkward silence? Heh.

polomi

Postby polomi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:43 am

My name's Radek. Read that backwards. Put an s in front of the result. Yes, that's me, you got it.

I used to hate Twitter. But I made an account sometimes in september 2012 anyway. What made me do such an ugly thing? That same day, someone else made a Twitter account, MingyJongo. So jsut like most of you, I'm a huge Playtonic fan since the beginning. :D

IRL I'm a PhD student, I work on quantum plasmonics. I also love to read science fiction, my favorite authors are Alastair Reynolds, Ted Chiang, Vernor Vinge.

ShinyRegice

Postby ShinyRegice » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:53 am

Hello people! I'm a huge fan of Nintendo who owned all of their consoles since the Nintendo 64. Super Mario 64 is my all-time favourite game, and I also loved Rareware's Donkey Kong games (Donkey Kong Country trilogy and DK64). Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to play any Banjo game (please don't kill me), but I know how popular Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are and learning that there was a spiritual successor announced by the same team who developed my beloved Donkey Kong games made me incredibly hyped. I'm also a huge fan of other games series like Rayman and Super Smash Bros.

Hellmouse82

Postby Hellmouse82 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm Hellmouse82 real name Chris, been a fan of Rare since their N64 days (even went back and hunted down a snes to play all their games on that). Followed them to xbox but they lost me at kinect sports. Haven't owned a console for about 3 years but excited for new zelda on wii u but even more so for project ukulele. So hopefully it'll get a wii u release so i can purchase one. Playing nintendo's titles would just be a bonus ☺

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Hey I'm Leon

I'm from the UK (as in the United Kingdom and not 'U ok?') and I'm 19
I'm a big gamer, mainly game with Nintendo (big fan of Zelda and some of the old Rare platformers) but I do own PS4 and an X1
I love Banjo-Kazooie and when this was announced, I pretty much did the Chandler Bing dance hehe
I'm also into photography, wildlife, cooking (thank heaven for punctuation) and a bit of stand-up paddle boarding
I'm also a furry, or what some of you may call an overgrown child who's over enthused with any cute, furry life forms... I don't care what you think of it but I LURVE IT!!! (hoping to save up for a fursuit eventually hehe)

I'm currently studying for a Science diploma at college and am hoping to go on to do Ecology and Wildlife Conservation or Animal Biology and Conservation (both BSc) at University. And then I hope to become a wildlife park ranger out in Australia or the US

BTW, don't pee me off, I'm a biologist in training so I can do things x3

That is all, carry on
Leon

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

GildasMagnus

Postby GildasMagnus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Nice to see the forums already bursting with life only a day after their official announcement! GildasMagnus here, or Steve. Twenty-something who grew up with the RARE sense of humour and have been a fan since Diddy Kong Racing. Gutted when they were bought by Microsoft, but absolutely thrilled that some of the big names are back. I'm more hopeful for Playtonic's future than other Ex-RARE developers, but either way it seems they've already amassed a large enough fanbase to get Ukulele going. Here's to the new Renaissance of Gaming!
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

Dustin Demon

Postby Dustin Demon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:56 pm

YO YO WHADDUUUUUP?

I'm Dustin, long time Rare/3D Platformer fan.

I guess I don't have a whole lot to say about myself! I draw from time to time, art stuff can be found . I'm also trying to get a webcomic up and running, but I really wanna improve and learn more art fundamental-y type things before I get it going.

Yeah. YEAH!

Return to “Community Discussion”