Introductions!

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
NiloStudo

Re: Introductions!

Postby NiloStudo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm

jinjo89

Postby jinjo89 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi my name is Haydn, I am 25 and have been a Nintendo fan since I first saw Donkey Kong Country.
I have been longing for a 3D platformer in the style of Banjo-Kazooie for a long time so the fact that Playtonic are going to bring that back is music(al notes)to my ears.

Whilst I now consider myself a multi format gamer as I own all 3 of the last gen home consoles although I am yet to take the leap and get a PS4 or XBONE so the Wii U is my only current gen system.
I would love to see this game come to Wii U and although part of me would love it to be a Wii U exclusive I understand that would limit the reaches of the game so having it on PS4, XBONE etc makes the most sense.

The original DKC trilogy, the banjo games, Conkers bad fur day and DKR are all great games so bringing the 3D platformer up to date for the current gen with the rare style humour will be great.

Certainly will be backing this when the kickstarter goes live in May.

PeanutCrunch89

Postby PeanutCrunch89 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Peanut Crunch here! I'm a classical singer (lyric baritone, or "bari-tenor"; though I enjoy a wide mix of music), I love good food (especially BBQ), I'm an animation/voice actor enthusiast (product of the animation renaissance), and I love me some vidja games. My current platforms are PC, Wii U and 3DS.

As a child of 1989, I grew up throughout Rare's golden period. I didn't own a console during the SNES, so I played DKC games with friends and family, as well as at Best Buy waiting for the N64 line to die down. DK64 (a rough game in retrospect) was actually my most played DK game up to Returns, and I have the original DKC games on my Wii U now. I did own an N64, however, so I experienced all of their classics on that system. From Banjo Kazooie (I played Tooie more) to Conker to Perfect Dark, I absolutely loved what they put out. I was understandably stoked when Playtonic announced their status as a developer, and I maintain my hype going into May when I'm sure more info will pop up around the Kickstarter.

BTW, I would like to know what that money would go towards, since the team already has the funding to make their game. It probably won't come up until May, but it would still be good to know.

FungiGamer

Postby FungiGamer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:35 am

Bill/FungiGamer here! 23, male, likes long walks on Hammerhead Beach...

Anyway, I've been a fan of Rare since growing up with their games on the N64, especially Banjo, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and I've always had a deep affinity for not only what we got in these games but also the unused content the Rare fan community has found in them. Since then I've dabbled in a whole bunch of games and systems down the Nintendo and Playstation line and even did a brief Youtube series called "The Secret Corridors of Gruntilda's Lair" that apparently got moved around on beta material sites that was meant to cover BK's beta material along with my thoughts on what content would be used for and why it was cut; alas, I really fell out of the series but I have a plan to reach back to Beta Banjo stuff soon :D

I look forward to interacting with and potentially making a few new friends with you all soon! I have to say, it really makes me happy to see all sorts of Rare fans from all over the globe and reaches of the internet coming back together again :)

Cammiluna

Postby Cammiluna » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:03 am

I'm Cammi. I'm 34 and was a huge Rare fanatic since the mid 90s. I was really big on fan art and a lot of it was terrible. I had a decade-long dream of being a character artist for video games, but my art was still terrible so I settled into a life of Webcomics on the internet. Since then my art started getting decent, but then I learned that my writing is terrible. I was a long-ago regular at DKVine and the Banjo-Kazooie Fanfic Universe, and short term visitor at RWP

I used to love collecting Rubbish Picture Attachments from the Scribes page. I wish we had a thread on Rubbish Picture Attachments.

John

Postby John » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:12 am

I'm John! hi!
Rarewareusedtobegood

HarmfulSpacenut

Postby HarmfulSpacenut » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:53 am

My name is Steve, 29, played almost every rare game that came out on Nintendo consoles, exception being DKC3 and all the mobile games apart from DKL1, and I did not really like that all that much, even though I did play trough it as a Kid!

In my hobby time I make let's plays and livestreams of videogames, sometimes, whenever I feel like it. And every weekend me and some friends play Dungeons and Dragons (or other Table top RPGs) together! Always a highlight in the week!

Right now I am trying to learn how to use maya, turns out, making 3D models... not all that easy :lol:
But hey I made this
Might as well call my self a 3d artist now!

Also tried to use unreal 5 and unity 4/5 for a while now. But my lack of focus just makes it impossible. I am way too jumpy to sit down and just concentrate on one thing for days and weeks!

CaptainJJ

Postby CaptainJJ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 am

CaptainJJ here! Hey everyone.

Been a Rare fan since DKC 1 and Killer Instinct 1 and had pretty much all the Rare titles after.
In fact, working on games for Rare was always a childhood dream of mine.

Anyway, super stoked about Project Ukulele and can't wait for more info.

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey all, Nightpaws here!

I'm 22, a Glaswegian and a CompSci student who spends all their time in Glasgow city center drinking overpriced coffee and being a keyboard tapper! Currently building a web-app and trying not to procrastinate too much as I do so, but thought I'd take a moment to write this. :lol:

Online, I'm a forum mod on another website, and used to be an MVP on the Official PlayStation Commmunity where I helped them with Technical Support. I also tweet lots, and get beaten frequently at a variety of games!
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 pm

The name's Yusuf, I'm 28, and I'm a lifelong Rare fan. Feel free to get your Cat Stevens jokes out right now, I'll bet you can't think of one I haven't heard yet.

As stated before, I'm a massive Rare fan. My first Rare game was Solar Jetman, but the game that really cemented that I'd be following this company for the rest of my life was Donkey Kong Country. My main solace during the figurative hell that was my teenage years was playing Rare's games. Well, besides Mystery Science Theater 3000, Star Trek, and the Cubs.

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:44 am

Hey I'm Tyler aka Super TNN!!! (Yes I love my triple !s lol) I write the TV series style series on Nintendo games (especially Indie games) Super TNNtendo World!!! on http://www.thefandabase.com!!! I also am a published novelist with my horror novel: Breller Feller!

Nice to meet you all!!!

I grew up on arcade games such as Galaga, BurgerTime, Dig-Dug, Ms. Pac-Man, Centipede, and others when I got older such a Bubble Bobble, Crystal Castles, and Q*Bert! In the late '80s I discovered the NES, then the Super NES, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Ganecube, Wii, Xbox 360, and now the Wii U! I grew up on Super Mario Bros. 3, Adventure Island II, Super Adventure Island, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy (especially 3), Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Nuts and Bolts, all the 3D Marios and more!!!

I'm also a big fan of '80s music and the decade itself! So many awesome memories that I've earned another nickname of Ty D. '80s Guy!!!

I've been a Rare fan since 1994 with Donkey Kong Country but my fandom lowered during the Xnox 360 days when the magic began to lower and Microsoft was messing up their creativity and cancelling projects?!! But what I got to play of Nuts and Bolts before my 360 died was really good, and very addictive!!!

Now in a time where 3D Platformers are making a comeback (A Hat in Time, Lobodestroyo, Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers, Clive 'N' Wrench, and PitterPot) it is awesome that Playtonic Games has formed to bring one of the biggest 3D Platformers in history!!!! Really excited for May, when the Kickstarter launches!!!!!!!

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

My name is DarkTone, and I am an alco- wait, wrong site.

I'm DarkTone. Like most here, I love gaming. Played a lot of the earlier Rare games and loved them. Something shocking about myself; NEVER played Banjo Kazooie. Didn't have a Nintendo 64 growing up and wanted to try this. After the EGX video I bought it on Xbox 360, which I'm going to start up in about an hour.

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:05 am

Hey, everyone TrenteR here and me is 22years old.

I'm living in germany and I'm a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie series. (Like many of us here)
I'm a Speedrunnner of several games and know nearly any glitch and the execution in BK. (In BT not every glitch)

I'm a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic like my avatar is showing. (Who thought that? :D )

English is not my native language so please don't feel attacked if I miss an "s".

BurningLanguages

Postby BurningLanguages » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello everyone :). I'm here simply because I have a particular interest in this new group of game developers. I am excited for project Ukelele and the fruits it will yield. I love gaming myself and I would like to see how things unfold step by step. I'm happy to be here :).

NiloStudo

Postby NiloStudo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:13 pm

A big welcome from me to all who have joined so far, and those who have also introduced themselves. :D

Zita

Postby Zita » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Wow, I've just seen this thread now after having a good time posting in other threads already. :|
Oh well, better late than never, so here I go...

Hai!
My name is Zita, I am a female artist from germany. I am 22 years old and I am currently studying art and design with an additional qualification for computer-, videogame- and animation-design.
In my free time I like to work on various artistic projects, as drawing and art in general is one of my main hobbies.
Other than that I enjoy playing video games a lot and I am also very interested in the process of making those. I am interested in programming as much as I am in 3D-modelling and concept art.

My first Rare game was Banjo-Tooie, which seems to have been the case for a lot of people here. It's still one of the best games of all time to me. Years later after I realised that some of the best games I had ever played were made by Rare, (Conker, Starfox Adventures, Donkey Kong 64, 007, etc.) Rare quickly became my favorite developer and I was utterly sad that they sold out to Microsoft.
Lately I've been into the topic quite a lot due to my diploma and was digging a little deeper about everything that Rare once was, and this was how I found out about Playtonic after all. I can't even tell you how happy and hyped a I was after reading the news. I'm so looking forward to the Kickstarter and giving them ALL my money!!!!1!11

| | |

Retoro

Postby Retoro » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:10 am

Hoi there, my name's Retoro, like most you guys I've grew up on the old Rare Classics. I'm a bit of artist, and general gamer. When I heard about Playtonic games, and it's Project Ukulele, I usually keep skeptical about projects like this, but after seeing both the teaser, and some of the concept art I just couldn't help myself and be excited about this! Every detail the team releases just gets me even more excited to find out more! anyways, I'm glad to be a part of the Playtonic Games Forum.

Waverunner

Postby Waverunner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:05 pm

I feel pretty inadequate compared to a lot of you, but I'll try keeping my confidence up around here regardless. I'm a 17, almost 18, year old aspiring filmmaker from New York. My first Rare game was the "critically acclaimed classic"... Grabbed By the Ghoulies. That was sarcasm by the way, even though I still do have a nostalgic love for that game. I'm actually planning on making a thread for the things the game did right. Anyway, I did end up playing through Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie on the 360, and really enjoyed it, minus that damn Rusty Bucket Jiggy, and Canary Mary without the Rock Band Drums (I broke them with my body weight, it's a long story). I'm here because I want to be a part of history. I mean the odds are it will either be a roaring success or a train wreck of the grandest degree. I will be sorely disappointed if it's somewhere in the middle. The only way to kill is overkill, I always say.

NiloStudo

Postby NiloStudo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Waverunner

Postby Waverunner » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Return to “Community Discussion”