Floating Island Levels

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Pauper

Floating Island Levels

Postby Pauper » Fri May 01, 2015 11:43 pm

I really hope that all of the levels won't be floating in the sky as seen in the screenshots and videos. Does anyone else feel the same way that I do in this regard?

CrazyChaos

Re: Floating Island Levels

Postby CrazyChaos » Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 pm

I had that same thought. It is one of the reasons for why the Mario 3D platformers have been a little less interesting to me. This may also be something temporary though, or this may just be the hub world. I actually do not remember. I would not mind if it were just the hub world, but the game worlds should feel a little more grounded in my opinion.

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Fri May 01, 2015 11:55 pm

I initially thought as much for that level because the first screenshot of the jungle level looked like it had some sort of emphasis on vertical platforming via mini islands.

But the videos have since shown me that the "islands" can indeed be big enough to get lost and immersed in. There's sections in there that I could stop, look around and feel as if I'm in any other gaming jungle. As long as they continue to embellish the foliage and expand the island sizes, I can see myself looking past the floating island theme.

I think it works fine for this specific level, but I agree that I would like more grounded levels afterwards. I wouldn't want to be constantly reminded that I'm floating out in the middle of nowhere when the inevitable Halloween or snow level comes in.

Pauper

Postby Pauper » Sat May 02, 2015 12:01 am

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”