Poll: Paypal support preferred over credit card payment?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

65%
6%
29%

Total votes: 31

Yavga

Re: Updated Kickstarter: Paypal support incoming and surprises for backers this week!

Postby Yavga » Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 am

Stop picking your nose

Sacaldur

Re: Updated Kickstarter: Paypal support incoming and surprises for backers this week!

Postby Sacaldur » Tue May 19, 2015 11:50 am

In my opinion, it was more about credit cards...

I just decided a while ago to use a virtual, prepaid credit card as well (even though I'd be much more comfortable with a different payment option). On the one hand because I'm impatient as well.
On the other hand I did a bit of research. I once paid on Kickstarter using Paypal (a year ago, I guess), but know, Kickstarter doesn't support Paypal anymore for whatever reason (maybe due to changes of their terms and conditions).
I also found another Kickstarter project which offered Paypal payments. But they did so by accepting these payments and handling the perks/rewards outside of Kickstarter. I guess, the guys of playtonic games would need to do something similar.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue May 19, 2015 12:00 pm

I really hope if they settle the paypal part aside from KS, we will still get to see the money counter back. It became rather addicting to hit that refresh button!
Last edited by Yavga on Tue May 19, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop picking your nose

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue May 19, 2015 3:00 pm

I just added a poll, as I was wondering the impact of the soon-to be added PayPal support.
Don't forget to vote!
Stop picking your nose

dotEXE

Re: Poll: Paypal support preferred over credit card payment?

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Make the forum great again.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue May 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Already pledged with card and would prefer that over PayPal anyway. I don't like PayPal and only use it if I have to.

Blue

Postby Blue » Tue May 19, 2015 4:07 pm

I don't trust Paypal, and I made my pledge a while ago.
"Hands off my bread."

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 am

I do not know if this is a accurate test. But seeing as about 25% on this forum alone will make the pledge with Paypal only, I guess we can expect a 25% boost in pledges?
Stop picking your nose

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed May 20, 2015 9:07 am

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 am

Yeah makes more sense that way. Seeing as people that have not made the pledge yet are more willing to vote in this poll anyway.
Stop picking your nose

TheMasterDS

Postby TheMasterDS » Wed May 20, 2015 2:03 pm

The trouble with PayPal is they're often dicks about paying out huge sums of money even if people paid. They'll want to hold the money hostage, ask you to prove you'll use it properly, do everything they can to delay or avoid giving the developer the money backers raised through PayPal.

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 pm

I don't have a credit card. I just use the card given to me by my bank which allows me to make purchases that in the past were only for credit cards.

Its a visa debit card, and with another bank prior I had a MasterCard debit card. Pretty much works the same as a credit card, but just takes the money straight from your bank account instead.

Camouflage

Postby Camouflage » Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 am

I've never heard of anyone having a problem with PayPal. (Of course, I believe you; I just hadn't heard of it till now.) I use PayPal for all my online purchases, digital and physical. Granted, it's not that often that I buy something online lately.

I came across this article today. Admittedly, I'm quite tired and haven't had a chance to actually read it yet, but I figure it's germane to this discussion.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”