...I would do so many things. So many, MANY things.
If was the studio manager, the first task that I would do, is that I would have intense negotiations with Mr. Phil Spencer and we would negotiate about coming to various agreements: That Rare would be focused solely on making classic games only and no more Kinect-related games like Kinect Sports or Kinect Adventures. Let other companies handle the Kinect-related stuff, that is if there are any.
For my next task, I would also fire (if it was possible) the artist or artists, that drew the "boxy-looking" version of Banjo and Kazooie, ever since B-K: Nuts N' Bolts. Instead, I would actually be conducting a type of contest on the Internet to see which artist can draw a classic, but modern (at the same time) version of both Banjo and Kazooie. And I'm being seriously picky about this. I'm willing to make a game of Banjo and Kazooie with artstyles like this one:
or this one:
One of my next tasks that I would actually as studio manager of Rare, would do, would be, like I said before, making classic style games. I would actually be making reboots, reboot-remakes, prequels, sequels, and new Rare IP's. Here's my list:
1. Prequels: Banjo-Kazooie (like all games start, this game would be codenamed "B4"; Codename B4).
2. Reboots: Banjo-Kazooie (considering that I want to make the BK prequel first, I'm also willing to make reboots of Banjo-Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie before making Banjo-Threeie), Jet Force Gemini (I want to give it a little bit of gameplay style similar to Ratchet N' Clank. And who knows? I would also be willing to make a Jet Force Gemini and Ratchet N' Clank crossover, if it's possible.)
3. Reboot-remakes: Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata.
4. Sequels: Banjo-Kazooie (Nuts N' Bolts, in my opinion, doesn't count, so I would be making a proper "Banjo Threeie"), Conker's ("Conker's 2: Squirrel Days" or "Conker's 2: Conker's Other Bad Days", and "Conker's 3: Conker's Glory Days"), Jet Force Gemini ("Jet Force Aries", "Jet Force Sagitarius", etc.)
5. New Rare IP's: Rare Racers (if you take from this perspective, it would be two things: Rare's very own kart racing game IP [with some minor elements, like building your own vehicle a la Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts N' Bolts] and Rare's sort-of spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing [which it was developed by Rare, but published by Nintendo]). I would basically include any kind of Rare IP in this particular game. Who knows? Maybe you can as Bottles, or Tooty, or *chuckles* Dark.
I would also have to revise the entire Rare library to see if they also need remaking, revamping, prequels, or sequels. If it would be possible, I would also make a program like Square Enix Collective, in where fans can write their own stories for the almost forgotten Rare library.
To ease the pain, those games that I just mentioned wouldn't just be developed for the XBOX One. They would also be developed for the PC! Yay!
My final task would be doozy. I would need to talk to Nintendo. Again, why? Think about this for a sec. Nintendo seems to be making a lot of DLC Packs for Mario Kart 8, right? Well how about this? Since Nintendo makes a lot DLC packs for that said game, I would negotiate with them on making a Diddy Kong Racing DLC Pack. The Pack would include the top four favorite tracks that everybody loved playing in Diddy Kong Racing, and they would also include Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, and Funky Kong as playable characters. (Okay. That last part is not Rare-related. But it would be cool, right?)
So what do you guys think? Pretty good ideas if I was in charge of Rare, right?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"