Hivory Towers

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Fuzzy

Hivory Towers

Postby Fuzzy » Fri May 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Something's happening on their twitter right now. :D

https://twitter.com/playtonicgames

Meinhard1

Re: Incoming updates and reveals from Playtonic

Postby Meinhard1 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Taylor

Re: Incoming updates and reveals from Playtonic

Postby Taylor » Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Hmm. I have no idea what this means...

Obviously the new banner picture is a bookshelf and we knew the hub world had something to do with books. A library perhaps. But the honeycomb and 'Hivory Towers' name alludes me...

My first thought was that they were pretending the antagonist of Yooka-Laylee, perhaps a corporation or some sort of evil publisher, took over their Twitter. All fictional of course. But maybe they have actually joined another company, e.g. Rare, and have changed their company name from Playtonic to Hivory Towers?

Oh god. What's going on? I'm excited.

Edit: their new Twitter bio, 'work harder, not smarter', and the replies they are giving people all sound very totalarian. It's like they are parodying large corporations. I have a feeling the antagonist of Yooka-Laylee will be some sort of huge publisher that has lost their way... *cough cough*... basically the opposite of Playtonic. The honeycomb says it all to me...
Taylonic Ltd.

dotEXE

Re: Hivory Towers

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:21 pm

You beat me!

I speculate that the villain is a bee. I'm certain that something is a bee, because of the hive thing. Also, love the obvious crossover. "Commence hostile takeover" huh? Man I hope that means we're about to get beaten over the head with new updates.

Edit: OH MAN WHAT IF THE NEWS IS TODAY. PLEASE BE TODAY. I'm sure it's not today but PLEASE.
Last edited by dotEXE on Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the forum great again.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Wasn't the main antagonist sort of "confirmed" to be a male? They didn't explicitly say so, but kept accidentally using male pronouns in the recent interview.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri May 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

karashata

Postby karashata » Fri May 13, 2016 7:28 pm

This is an interesting development, to be sure... I'm certainly intrigued. Can't wait to see what it all means... (Well, can, but really don't want to, heh.)

(So this topic was split from the incoming updates topic... Wondered for a second why a new post notification for a topic I don't remember posting in or watching showed up in my inbox... Big enough news to warrant its own topic, I guess..?)

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Fri May 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Reminds me of the time when the Mingy Jongo account became active again and, after a couple of tweets talking about 'rebooting' itself, changed into Playtonic Games.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm

What if the antagonist is a bear in a suit, who uses bees to rule over some regions of his lair haha. That's kind of a stretch, but would be entertaining.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:30 pm

Probably something like they did with the sonic the hedgehog twitter once. Where Dr. Eggman took over.
Best thing was they had the voiceactor live for that and answered questions to them with voice clips.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:31 pm

That would be awesome! I kind of hope they just drop a date into their twitter so we can know if there's news coming today (seems late?) or not haha. As it stands I'm now mashing F5 on their twitter page.

Edit: The banner on their twitter changed to books today too

Edit 2: in the image they changed to. You can see what appears to be more honeycombs on the floor in the upper right and bottom left. I'm wondering if these start to glow as you complete worlds. If there happened to be two more (marked in the image by question marks) that would make 5, for 5 worlds. Then perhaps the door to the final boss opens?

Baseless speculation, purely for fun.

Edit 3: Google shows no results for "Hivory Towers", playtonicgames.com/hivorytowers does not exist, hivorytowers.com is not a website. No new videos on Playtonic's YouTube yet. Trying to see if there's something hidden somewhere. :lol:
Last edited by dotEXE on Fri May 13, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri May 13, 2016 7:39 pm

I split this into a new topic as I thought it was definitely news worthy.

And I don't think a live voice actor would work for this... you know, considering all the characters mumble haha. Definitely plausible that the Twitter has been 'taken over' by the antagonist/evil corporation though.
Taylonic Ltd.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:45 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Karate Joe

Postby Karate Joe » Fri May 13, 2016 7:53 pm

This is exciting, I love bees! Hope we're not left off on this.
(Supposing there's a beehive area, I'd hope Wise is composing the music)

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:54 pm

It's a strange time and date anyways.
Okay it's friday 13, but it's a friday and it's late in the UK already, weekend is coming.
Someone is going to spend his weekend with 'work'? :o
Last edited by Fuzzy on Fri May 13, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah the fact it's so late and Playtonic typically doesn't work weekends makes me think they'll leave this hype sit over the weekend.

But Friday the 13th, perhaps they saw that as a reason to leak some "evil" "mischievous" stuff?

Edit: Dragging this forward because reasons. in the image they changed to. You can see what appears to be more honeycombs on the floor in the upper right and bottom left. I'm wondering if these start to glow as you complete worlds. If there happened to be two more (marked in the image by question marks) that would make 5, for 5 worlds. Then perhaps the door to the final boss opens?

Baseless speculation, purely for fun.

Edit: 1 hour since their facebook post. Also 9pm where they are. Probably nothing new today I guess.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Fri May 13, 2016 8:11 pm

I don't use Twitter, so thanks for this.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Fri May 13, 2016 9:00 pm

This looks like something to leave over the weekend so more people can see it, and then the story will develop. My expectation is Playtonic is going to preview the plotline, just not with as many details as I'm guessing. Our antagonist is the CEO of Hivory Towers and has enslaved the great writers of the past (the ghosts) to work on stories they have no passion for. Each writer must be saved from within the story they are currently writing! That is what Yooka and Laylee will do.

It'd be an allegory (I have no idea if that's the right literary term) for how Rare had changed overtime to a bureaucratic game company.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”