Bugs/Glitches

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
xtremelampshade

Bugs/Glitches

Postby xtremelampshade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:34 am

I think it would be a good idea to have a topic dedicated to bugs and glitches found so that they can be patched. It would make it much easier than having to skim through all of the existing topics to find them.

So far I have found only one glitch. When ascending the tower you need to roll to get up, I fell off the edge of one of the ramps alongside the tower and landed on the corner between the lowest ramp alongside the tower and the wall of the tower itself. When doing so, I passed right through the floor and landed in the water. This is not a game breaking bug, but I could see it getting irritating if it happened in similar locations in the actual game.

Cake

Re: Bugs/Glitches

Postby Cake » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:56 am

After being tabbed out for a rough 10 minutes reading around on the forums, I clicked on the game and got a blarring mess of voice lines thrown at me all at once, very loudly. Startled the crap out of me, and hurt my ears. @.@

bansheeghost

Postby bansheeghost » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:11 am

I found a weird jump glitch. I uploaded a video . Basically if you slide off a ledge while doing the tail jump thing, you do it a second time in the middle of the air. You end up going pretty much the same height, but if you're trying to scale things that aren't supposed to be able to be climbed then this could presumably be used to do that.

EDIT: I should add this only works if you land on the ground first. The reason there are two is because you do one in mid-air when you slide off a high enough ledge, but if you hit the ground before that happens you do a second jump.
boo

Afevis

Postby Afevis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 am

Bugs;

1.5:
Freefall animation allows players to transverse over steep terrain freely.

https://youtu.be/ou4EwwdMRsc

https://youtu.be/gduK3LktQMg
Last edited by Afevis on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wazikhiel

Postby Wazikhiel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 am

-In the toybox+, in the combat area, I came out of the door from the blue-monsters-thingy-things expo (haha), these monsters blocked me and I was stuck in the ''Exit'' Cutscene until I got hit.

-Sometimes, I was able to make the ultra jump ( you know, when you press ctrl + space )on walls.

-When you're rollin' in at the entrance of the windy area, the camera can stuck if you're behind a wall.

Hope it can help them :D

Punksthetic

Postby Punksthetic » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:16 am

I encountered a weird bug where I was talking to the robot dude behind the arch structures, and then I rolled off and the text dialogue box wouldn't go away or advance, and the sound of the robot talking would not stop until I made a deal with the Devil that he could have my soul if only it would make the sound stop... He wouldn't make the sound stop, your honor. I had to push Yooka off a cliff to try to "reset" the scene, but the robot would not stop talking... Finally I had to just smother the game with a pillow to put it out of its (and my) misery.

So yeah... Might wanna fix that.

Moco13

Postby Moco13 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:35 am

I have found a very strange bug in the Toybox+.
While ground pounding on a slope, if you pause on the exact moment that Yooka and Laylee hit the sloped ground, they will be standing at an angle when they come out of the ground pound. This fixes its self when you interact with the first robot (I haven't tested to see if the other robots fix it, but I would assume they do). I only tested with fairly steep slopes, but I did get them to stand at a nearly 45 degree angle... Which was a bit funny to look at.

In messing around further, I have found that spring jumping or double jumping negates fall damage, regardless of the fall height.
Last edited by Moco13 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobthegiraffemonkey

Postby bobthegiraffemonkey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 am

Not sure if intentional or not, but it looks weird so putting it here just in case: when you spin and walk off a ledge you don't fall down until the spin stops. You can jump out of it too, which makes crossing large gaps much easier.

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:46 am

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:19 am

You can get the ball from the ball game out of the parkours by taking a box from the box area to the ball parkours by dropping it all the way down (you need luck, box can bounce out) and using it as an platform for the ball to roll out of bounds, making it unable to complete the ball game :)

This took me 2 hours to do so it is not advised.

Oh and... Boxes don't float in water. They are affected by the wind however, same as the ball.

Stop picking your nose

Aydun

Postby Aydun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:10 pm

The camera seems to get stuck on walls a lot.

Especially on the raised/roofed platform to the left of the starting area.

At the end next to this guy I couldn't move the camera at all.

I'm using keyboard and mouse so may not be as noticeable on controller?

Otherwise, fun fun!

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 pm

I got the camera all wonky and doing 360

https://vid.me/w93R
Stop picking your nose

kch236

Postby kch236 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:10 pm

I had one glitch on the tower where you're climbing on the seesaw ledge things, I hit (I think) the second one from the bottom just right and it freaked out and launched me through the ground and into the abyss where I died. Wasn't able to replicate it however. When I have more time to mess around with it I may try again, though it's probably not really a glitch and more of me accidentally landing juuuuust right and breaking the physics for a second. Made me laugh pretty hard honestly, it was so unexpected.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Made a video for the ball over a box glitch.

check it out!

https://youtu.be/QGWZAywHD4k
Stop picking your nose

Djano

Postby Djano » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:10 am

I just found a glitch where ground smashing on a plant will phase you through the geometry to get inside of the rock below. You can walk around freely when inside the rock. I have been able to replicate this about 3 times within 10 minutes so this wasn't just a one time fluke. I did it once and then recorded it the next two times. I can't tell if it has something to do with the plant shaking when you ground smash but I am assuming it shakes and pushes you into the ground very quickly. Here is one of the attempts: https://youtu.be/liHgrFGyKoA

I love this game so far though! I just didn't want people using this to exploit something potentially bigger down the line (unintentional sequence skipping and all that). If someone at Playtonic is reading this, you guys rock :D

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:32 am

Last edited by Lufkin on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GWoolly

Postby GWoolly » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:36 am

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:30 am

Stop picking your nose

GWoolly

Postby GWoolly » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:17 pm

ShaneDelbon

Postby ShaneDelbon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:05 am

I don't know what would have caused this, but I believe the crate in the glass maze spawned improperly (or seems to have), as the first crate in there did not move at all, despite the crate over by the tilting platforms worked /moved properly.

Timestamp reference for unmoving box:
https://secure.twitch.tv/usefulmagikarp ... =02h18m15s

Moving box:
https://secure.twitch.tv/usefulmagikarp ... =01h52m35s

Additionally, PS4 controller with X1 + Win10 mode checked causes controller to still work fine, except that triggers do not activate.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”