Every transformations in each world ?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
yooka-dragon

Every transformations in each world ?

Postby yooka-dragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:28 am

I'm asking if the transformations will be possible in every world ?

I clarify :

Is it possible to transform you in Yooka-Bush in GlitterGlaze Glacier and conversely in Yooka Snow Plow in Tribalstack Tropics ? For my part, it's strange to have a truck in a medieval world it's an anachronism. There is no technology in this ancient world no ? Playtonics is really good on this, every transformation is corresponding :

Crocodile in swamp, pumpkin in Manor, T-Rex in Terrydactyland, washing machine in industries...

I understand the Snow Plow with the snow of the world, but for my part, the truck will be useful in other worlds. In hivory Towers it's sure, but maybe in the other worlds like it was in Grunty's Revenge.

Remember, in Grunty's Revenge you can choose your transformation in each world, for example you can transform in Banjo Mouse in Spiller's Harbor to enter in sand castle, but Banjo-mouse is the Cliff Farm transformation.

What do you think of it ?

Exclusive Website on Yooka-Laylee, News rumors and complete wiki and walkthrough on Yooka-Laylee.

Meinhard1

Re: Every transformations in each world ?

Postby Meinhard1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:22 am

Could be possible, even-although abilities seems world specific. Snow plow may not be able to do much in a jungle or swamp. The "Yooka-Bush" just bounces around and sprays out pollen!
I'm sure they could find amusing cross-world uses for these, but not the most natural assumption that they would for this poster.

As you point out, the Snow Plow doesn't fit the Castle/Gacier theme as naturally as most BK transformations. It's a nachronistic for a mideval setting, maybe not even fitting for a glaceral area. I think it's just something amusing to become, though. The Submarine in BT was slightly unfitting for Jollu Roger Lagoon (Pirate-era harbor town, underwater Atlantis.)

Haven't played Grunty's Revenge!

yooka-dragon

Postby yooka-dragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:10 am

Exclusive Website on Yooka-Laylee, News rumors and complete wiki and walkthrough on Yooka-Laylee.

Mr Blowy

Postby Mr Blowy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 am

I think they'll stick to the Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie formula of world-specific transformations.

Is Glitterglaze Glacier a medieval level? I don't see it being dated to any particular time period.

The plough transformation is silly but silly transformations had always been part of Banjo, particularly in Tooie. We can argue all we like about whether they'd have had submarine technology in Jolly Roger's Lagoon, but I can't help but think such arguments fall redundant when you consider that it's named after an effeminate, anthropomorphic frog who runs a pub that sells "seaman's surprise".

yooka-dragon

Postby yooka-dragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:01 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Did Tooie have transformations too?

Mr Blowy

Postby Mr Blowy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:21 pm

There are loads of castles where I'm from. I don't live in the middle ages, though.

The first picture is from Tribalstack Tropics.

yooka-dragon

Postby yooka-dragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:53 pm

BanjoThreeie

Postby BanjoThreeie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:35 pm

I always thought Glitterglaze Glacier was Disney themed. I didn't get a medieval vibe from it anymore than I did with the worlds from Cinderella or Frozen.

That first picture you posted was from Tribalstack Tropics by the way.

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 pm

I'd like transformations to be used only in their originating world and the hub world. Possibly limiting the distance to an automatic de-transformationg to the book just like in BK. How that would be done with an in-game continuity, I'm not sure... Something like you need to be in range of the machine which has been using wireless signals to maintain the transformation or something??
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 am

yooka-dragon

Postby yooka-dragon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:11 am

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:59 pm

It's almost certainly 1-world, 1-transformation, no travelling between worlds while transformed. That's how every other Banjo worked with one very notable global-transformation. Which, as an aside, I think would be sweet to see again.
Make the forum great again.

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:22 pm

I imagine transformations will be limited to the confines of the Grand Tomes that they belong to. But I think it would be neat if transformations could be used in the hub-world in a limited fashion. There could be pagie challenges in the hub-world that can only be completed by certain transformations, kinda like some jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie, but to a larger scale.

Shawnsim

Postby Shawnsim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:09 am

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”