Yooka-Laylee launch date in line with Switch launch?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
MazLad

Yooka-Laylee launch date in line with Switch launch?

Postby MazLad » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:18 pm

I was wondering about the March 2017 release date. Could it be something to do with tying in to be a Switch launch title? (albeit of course not exclusive). Could be a coincidence but for both to be hitting in March seems a little odd. Admittedly I'm not the most avid follower of this stuff so you may be able to disprove this theory quickly. If so feel free!

Also just curious how you guys feel about the new Mario teased? If that's a Switch launch title it'll almost certainly be compared against Yooka-Laylee in reviews and general media. I'm pretty hyped for both to be honest! 3D adventure games huh? Seems they're like buses.
"Shanley, do you think Donkey Kong Country revolutionised gaming?"
"Yeah mate, I think it probably did"

Octopeart

Re: Yooka-Laylee launch date in line with Switch launch?

Postby Octopeart » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:33 pm

I don't think it's coming out on Switch, at least not simultaneously alongside the promised platforms. There may be a port at some point, but if the game was at all delayed to accommodate the release on a platform that wasn't part of the Kickstarter, that could very easily make Playtonic look bad. I think if Yooka-Laylee releases in March it will be a coincidence- it could be released earlier than that anyway...

Y00kaz0013fanb0y

Postby Y00kaz0013fanb0y » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:19 am

I'd Honestly Say that would be a huge coincidence; since I Doubt they'd release Yooka-laylee on the Nintendo Switch UNLESS if it was released Much later than the Original Planned Ports decided on since the Kickstarter for this spiritual Successor to Banjo-kazooie
I, For One, Welcome the highly anticipated return of the 3d Collect-athon Platformer Genre of Video Games and will continue to support Playtonic no matter what

Foxune

Postby Foxune » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm

We've been told countless times that there's no NX/Switch version in the works currently.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”