What are you playing now and what do you think about it?

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
polomi

What are you playing now and what do you think about it?

Postby polomi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:45 am

What Are you playing right now? And what do you think about it?

I'm currently playing Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, and I gotta say that it's a serious disapointment. It's not anywhere close to how enjoyable the first one was. In the first one, I didn't mind being reckless, rushing through rooms. It could be as fast paced as you wanted it to be. HM2 is not like that unfortunately, you really have to be more careful of snipers because of how open the maps are. That's my major complaint. The other aspects of the game are fine, but overall it's a disapointment. I won't be getting A+ on every mission this time, I'll just beat it and that's it.

Chruxl

Re: What are you playing now and what do you think about it?

Postby Chruxl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:58 am

I'm not playing much at the moment. I'm sort of going back and forth between Spelunky and Kingdom Hearts 2.5. I think they're fun! Hopefully if I portion it right, I can stretch Kingdom Hearts long enough to tide me over until A Hat in Time releases. Sadly, I suck at Spelunky...

Lizard64

Postby Lizard64 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:29 am

Super Mario 64. It's fun and it still holds up.. mostly. I am trying to get all 120 stars but some are proving rather difficult. I really enjoy the amount of depth in the jumping and platforming mechanics, but the camera is just plain bad by today's standards.

As for any current video games, I occasionally run around Guild Wars 2, and the new Unreal Tournament is pretty fun for a round or two. I want to give Deus Ex 3 another go because I haven't touched it since release and I rushed through it back then.

I'm really just waiting on games that haven't actually come out yet, like Playtonic's own game ;)

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:40 am

Currently playing Resogun. It's the first game I got for my PS4 and its as addictive as it is frustrating. Essentially a variation of asteroids with a graphics overhaul its a fun way to burn through an hour or so. Any longer and I want to lob it out the window!

Also, I've been playing a bit of Destiny. It's pleasant enough to play in short bursts but unless I've got someone to play with the fun is quickly lost as the game itself is a bit lacking in character.
Last edited by Nightpaws on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Blue

Postby Blue » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:44 am

Currently I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Certain parts like combat have taken me a little while to get used to since it's my first Dragon Age game, but the game itself is pretty dang fun. I'm about 45 hours in, and that's only with a couple main quests and a lot of side-quests completed.

I've also been playing Daxter on the side, and that game is deceptively difficult. I honestly thought it wouldn't compare to the Jak and Daxter games in terms of difficulty, what with it being developed by a different company and all, but I was wrong: sparse checkpoints and tricky platformer puzzles abound. I'm still enjoying it a lot, though. Difficulty aside, it's still a fun game with varied levels and an enjoyable cast of characters.
"Hands off my bread."

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 am

Currently playing on a Russian Typing Site http://klavogonki.ru/. I know there's other typing sites and such, but I like to keep my typing sites very diverse and different for learning experiences.

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:45 am

NiloStudo

Postby NiloStudo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:19 pm

I've been a little too addicted to Pokemon Shuffle, eheh... (no I haven't paid anything)

Last time I turned the Wii U on though, I was continuing The Wonderful 101. I'm having a lot of fun with that, it's like playing a comic book - corniness, humour and all.

polomi

Postby polomi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:57 am

Just finished Hotline Miami 2. I hold on my previous opinion, but I'll add that Act 5 was pretty good! I enjoyed it.

I won't do the game in hard and I won't bother with the achievements, since it was such a pain to play in the first place compared to Hotline Miami.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:21 am

Jim Bexley Speed

Postby Jim Bexley Speed » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Inspired by Ukelele I've decided to go back and play a few Rare games I missed out on. I'm currently playing Star Fox Adventures. I'm really enjoying it and am a little bit ashamed I haven't played it before, I think I have always heard mixed things about it. I guess fans of Star Fox thought it was too much of a departure and fans of Rare 3d platformers thought the same, personally I'm happy with the combination, my only gripe is the lizard dude in the store has the most irritating voice and mannerisms, (I'm assuming he is voiced by a Rare employee as was the tradition then)but whoever he is, he does my head in.

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 pm

I've never played Star Fox Adventures. I hear a lot of either really bad or really mixed feelings about it, but when I watch Lets Plays, it doesn't seem that bad. Maybe I'll give that a run?

Turns out I don't have my Banjo Kazooie and Tooie cartridges anymore. May have gotten lost in the move. But I AM playing them on Emulators, and they're just as good as I remember!

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:09 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Honestly, I've... never played a Star Fox game in general. Heh. I was never very good with the flying. I guess that first question doesn't apply to me. I've also never played N&B.
But I do love dungeon crawling adventure-y games. Hm. I will take that as a "put on my list of older games to play" then.

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:32 am

Been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate mostly. Is very cool.

Blue

Postby Blue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:56 am

"Hands off my bread."

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:52 am

John

Postby John » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:58 am

Rarewareusedtobegood

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:02 am

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:06 am

I'll play The Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena now. I really like the movies Black Pitch and the newest one (not the one in the middle though), so I'll probably like the game given that it has good reviews. I just wish it was a movie and not a game, I don't like story driven games at all.

And everyday I'm playing Rayman Legends, gotta reach that 11th awesomeness level. I think it is inferior to Rayman Origins in almost every way, but still a great platformer. If someone's interested in discussing it I have a lot of points to make on that topic. :lol:

Return to “Community Discussion”