Switch is confirmed!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
LittleGreen

Re: Switch is confirmed!

Postby LittleGreen » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 am

"Untwerwegs in Düsterburg" an great Adventure, full of sarcasm, humor and adventuring!
Link:
Remake:

rocho

Postby rocho » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:29 am

I have said it and I will say it again! For me the only company that can mess up things over here by not supporting Playtonic is Nintendo.

I've seen them (Nintendo) very lazy over how they support this project many more indie games have been featured in E3 videos, social media mentions and lately the Switch Reveal but not even once Nintendo has shown support besides a Nintendo UK video on YouTube.

They are missing out in such great opportunity and it is very frustrating to see how they act so carelessly to a group of awesome people that gave them some of the best games ever made for their consoles...

I can only wish we will get good news about the Switch version, my hopes went up today but nothing new was announced regarding Nintendo. Hope there is a big surprise for us in the end.

Traveller

Postby Traveller » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:29 am

Yes, KS is not a pre-order and people shouldn't treat it as such.

However, the main issue here is that despite being told more info was coming about Switch late last year, we finally get to this update and we basically are told what we already know, that a Switch version is coming.

Playtonic's silence on even some rough outlines of where they are with the Switch version is not cool. First they cancel the Wii U game very late into development, then they don't even provide some solid updates on the situation.

This update should have detailed when they think it is likely to come to Switch, they also should be up front with backers before the deadline for the platform choice about the possibility of a physical Switch version coming later..

It is going to be bad if they make Nintendo fans go for the digital code only then to turn around after the KS stuff is closed to announce a physical game.

According to Playtonic, Nintendo fans overwhelmingly backed the game. But now Nintendo fans are seemingly going to get the game well after release and without a physical edition to buy, or there will be a physical release but not detailed well before the backers choices are closed.

A dedicated update for Nintendo fans should be written up soon to give some more context and information. More info would put the fires out a great deal I think, people could then make informed choices instead of having to wait it out and see if things change. The info doesn't have to include absolute info, just a rough idea on when they are aiming to get it out.

An update also discussing and showing the reason why the Wii U could not handle the game would also be interesting and would only help people to understand better.

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:32 am

First of all:
The whole 'Wii U is dead' excuse isn't valid.
They promised a Wii U version without doing proper research.
IF they did do that, they wouldn't have had to cancel the Wii U version at the end of the production process.
0% Nintendo's fault.

Second:
Nintendo backers have to choose between switching to the Switch or getting a refund.
I want to know if the Switch version releases alongside the other versions before I can choose!
That not too hard to understand, now is it??

Third:
A said before; Atm PG is treating non-backers better than backers.
Last edited by Piet on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:35 am

I don't understand the point of this "big update" (lie) or this thread. We already knew it was coming to the switch...

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 am

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am

You know what is also "funny"?

They cancelled the Wii U version and to 'compensate' Wii U backers, they would create a Switch version.
That seemed the most reasonable thing PG could do.

BUT, there are differences between the Wii U & Switch versions:
- No physical release (at lauch)
- Later launch date (they are hinting towards it)
- No console toybox

That's not what I (/we) call a fair compensation.

Think about that for a minute. ;)
Last edited by Piet on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:31 am

Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:

Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:34 am

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 am

Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D