Thank you Playtonic

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
The Pho

Thank you Playtonic

Postby The Pho » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:18 pm

So we're just over a week from release. I wanted to take the time just to thank Playtonic for allowing us to be a part of this. I am incredibly proud of having supported this project. Regardless of how the final product turns out (my hopes still remain immensely high), I'll always be glad I had this opportunity. As I eagerly await my download code, I've been playing through old Rare games, through Rare Replay mostly. I truly love the games that this group has managed to release and will always be grateful to them. They've shaped my gaming habits as no other group has. I seriously hope that this game is a massive success for you and helps to bring us more games to fill that 3D platforming void.

Rasmusic

Re: Thank you Playtonic

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:37 pm

I 100% feel the same way! Thank you Playtonic! :D
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:52 pm

I also agree with this whole sentiment. Playtonic have literally fulfilled a dream I've had for over a decade by coming together. Just like the Rare games from the childhood, Yooka-Laylee will always have a special place in my heart -- I've never followed a game in production this closely before. What really excites me, though, is Playtonic as a company. There is so much potential. I may have waited a decade for this game, but here's hoping that we now have a decade, and more, of great titles to look forward to from Playtonic. :)
Taylonic Ltd.

Tek

Postby Tek » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:25 pm

I concur!
It really seems like it was just a few months ago that a friend of mine sent me an email with a link to the video of Playtonic announcing the project and a link to the Kickstarter. That all of the members of Playtonic were even available to come together at the same point in time and decide to make this game is, dare I say it, a Rare thing to have happen, and truly special. We are all extremely fortunate that they have both created this spiritual successor, and allowed us to be a part of making this a reality.

These final 12 days are going to be the longest of them all, but it'll be worth the wait and I cannot wait to see what they make next.

Thank you Playtonic!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Hear hear. Thanks playtonic. To the future *raises glass

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Can't thank them... yet...

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Listen to my music:

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 pm

And even after the dream is being realised, they will continue to create! Meaning we can dream on for a next platformer eventually down the line as well! It's a good time to be alive!... for games!
Stop picking your nose

Pokemaniac Dan

Postby Pokemaniac Dan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Yes, agree with everything said above... except the one negative, disgruntled and sinister comment that keeps popping up in every topic!! :roll:

But it's been amazing being a part of this from the very beginning, through the kickstarter, and following along through all the updates, character reveals, trailers, videos, etc. It's been so exciting to relive some of the past memories of the Banjo era, and I am so enthralled to have the opportunity to actually play it. Go glad it made it this far, and can't wait to hopefully play for Playtonic Games games!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Here's hoping everything goes to plan.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Stop picking your nose

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 am

Big thanks you from me too.. Honestly if it was not of playtonic , maybe we would have to wait forever to play this kind of game..

Honestly i think rareware did game like no else .. i mean he haves a ton of collectible in every world to get.. same if mario 64 was fun , the collectible part was not here like banjo-kazooie..

And honestly, if playtonic did not make yooka-laylee, maybe nintendo would not do mario oddisey.. i think , its because of playtonic that nintendo finally give back a good game..

can't wait to play it :D

rocho

Postby rocho » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:28 am

Love to see you all here guys and gals! A lot of familiar avatars over here! Hope you all get to experience the game we waited so patiently for!

A huge thank you to the entire team at Playtonic Games I just can't be any happier to see my dream team developing video games again!

Here is to a successful launch, post launch, memories and mostly fun!

Please never ever EVER leave us hanging again waiting a decade for a game :D

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:32 am

I have followed this project before it was even a sperm looking for the egg. Back when it was just a cryptic Twitter account called Mingy Jongo. I remember being disappointed when it fell through.
I remember the day the Kickstarter came around and I had no money, I got the girlfriend to transfer me some so that I could be a part of it. Seems like yesterday and now the game is finished and ready for release.

There were some very dark years for gamers like myself during the 00s and 10s. The 3d platformer was dead and it would have stayed that way if it wasn't for playtonic. They should be proud to be the ones that created the 3d platformer resurgence. Gaming is great again!

Piet

Postby Piet » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am

Last edited by Rasmusic on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Listen to my music:

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 am

I'm eternally grateful that the guys at Playtonic quit their well-paid and secured jobs at Rare Ltd (some got laid off, though) to make a Rareware-styled game from their past. They didn't have to do that, they could've just joined a different company or change careers, but they did it anyway. Here's to many years to come!

techguy87

Postby techguy87 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Yep thanks for making this game! From April to Late September is my downtime from work, I seam to will able finish the game pretty good with taking my time of course! I'm off on Day-1 from work when game is release lucky me! My last n64 games I did own, Banjo-Kazzoie,Tooie,DK64,JB007 favorite rareware games.
Thanks,
techguy87
Is A Kickstarter Backer / Xbox One Digital 8-)

KnifeySkarekrow

Postby KnifeySkarekrow » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 pm

GIT READY FOR A SHOCK!!!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”