Replay Value

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Matt Rogers

Replay Value

Postby Matt Rogers » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Just wanted to add a couple ideas regarding possible improvements to Yooka-Laylee's longevity.

1. SPEEDRUN SYSTEM (Time Trials) - Platformers have always been very popular amongst the video game speedrun community and have stood the test of time. This can easily be observed by witnessing the consistently growing audiences for it through streaming services like Twitch. My suggestion would be to implement a "timed" playlist for completing each individual world and full-game. Then, (if possible) provide an Online Leaderboard for players to compete through.

2. Rextro Online - Following along the same competitive theme of implementing a leaderboard, I think many would enjoy comparing their "Personal Best" scores with players across the world. This would also allocate more purpose for experiencing Rextro's Arcade within the story-mode.

Really looking forward to seeing what content Playtonic adds in future updates and would love to hear some opinions relating to my suggestions above. Happy gaming guys!

Natsu

Re: Replay Value

Postby Natsu » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm

I would absolutely love to have various leaderboards in the same vein as Ori and the Blind Forest. That game has speedrun, completionist, and low death leaderboards that can be mixed and matched together.

Scrubber

Re: Replay Value

Postby Scrubber » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I wouldn't want either of those things. I like it how it is.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”