So the game is finally out on Switch! I'm about halfway through (boy my work took a serious nosedive today), and as much as I still love this game - and utterly love having it on my Switch - I've certainly noticed some new bugs. I figured we could keep a running list of bugs and glitches here for Playtonic to see as they show up. Some things are also slightly DIFFERENT I think... and I can't tell if that's intentional or not. I'm not sure how much of the game they actually changed between this and previous versions. So I've left those possibilities in a different category at the bottom.
UPDATED January 4th: ----------------------------------------------
- (Jan. 3rd) FATAL ERROR FOR AT LEAST THREE PLAYERS: When helping Clara against the Corplets && right before main loading screen of Rextro game in world 5, a black screen comes up with an error message, telling you to restart software. Again in world 4: roughly one minute after getting trapped and freed from where you have to sonar the diamonds to make platforms pop out. May be a general Switch issue, not something Playtonic can fix.
- (Dec. 26th) Nimble's Ice Race, Nimble crashes into player and causes a merge meaning he wins the race every time despite player being stuck to him. The game also doesn't pick up that player's going through the gates as part of nimble.
- World 4 Boss occasionally locks the player's controls, forcing them to sit idly by and wait to die.
- During dialogue from afar (while doing a challenge), the player can’t jump, which is somethings rather deadly. (Encountered this in world 3 when doing a challenge for the talking pumpkin)
- Player not displaying life while taking damage in world 2's freezing cavern (GG)
- Player not displaying life at random times when getting hurt by baddies. Occasionally the life bar will just stop showing up until you pause the game, at which point it appears without the damage, and then takes the life away as though you are getting hurt while the game is paused. The life bar then appears like normal after unpausing.
- Baddies (corplets, bees, googly eyes) not getting stunned even after multiple sonar hits. (TT, GG)
- Player not displaying "bubbles" for air when underwater. First noticed after falling into water and staying
down there to keep swimming (GG)
- Googly Eye baddies sometimes get stuck and float over thin air (TT, GG)
- Player's "jump" shadow blob displaying underneath any platform player stands upon that is open beneath (i.e. bridges) rather than directly on top of said platform.
- Very sudden and quick framerate drops in seemingly random moments. In over 6 hours of playing, I've had about 3 of these happen. They are super quick, but definitely there. UPDATE After playing CC, I had probably 6 more frame drops during that world. Very quick, but it did get in the way a time or two.
- Many of the Ghost Writers are not playing their sounds. I've skipped two, and nearly missed one as a result. Heidi not only will stay mute sometimes, but will not flash in and out of existence, making it nearly impossible to find her unless you knew where she was (TT, CC).
- If you activate the underwater key and thus activate the short cutscene, your air (and after that, your HP) will keep draining, so you can die while the short cutscene is playing (you can't move at all). (GG)
- If you fall/die and Nimble finishes the race at the same moment, the screen will turn black and Nimble will say a couple of lines (you obv. can't see 'em). After that the normal screen comes back and Y&L will fall to their dead on land near Nimble. De camera is zoomed out. The only fast way out, is to pause and exit to the hub.
- There is a spot on Rusto the Robot where you can get permanently stuck, completely unable without using the "Return to Hub" option on the pause screen. The game thinks you are in mid-air while you are stuck there. Will upload image soon.
- In world 3 boss fight, it is possible to get stuck in the corner of thorns after hitting boss.
- Corplets can walk through the pillars that activate with sonar in CC.
- Yooka's Grenade power is almost completely unnoticeable on Switch. It was kind of hard to see before, but now the visuals are hardly present at all.
- General clipping of models with jumps
- In world 2, if you leave the world after acquiring some of the snowman hats, and even giving at least one of them a hat, but before giving hats to all of them, you will return back with zero progress and have to get the hats again.
- Reptile Rush on TT when colliding with bridges can cause you to become stuck/frozen in place.
- Massive slow down issues possible on GG when transformed into snowplough
Please help me add on to this list so Playtonic can hopefully improve the game even further. If you're not sure if it is a Switch exclusive bug, don't worry: but if you are reporting a bug from a different console version, it might be helpful to put that in your post, just in case.
Last edited by baker_boy0017
on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:03 am, edited 12 times in total.