Interesting tidbit from Y-L 2-year article

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
LancerEagle

Interesting tidbit from Y-L 2-year article

Postby LancerEagle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:37 am

"We know you’re eager to hear all about what’s next for us, but we aren’t ready to violate our NDAs just yet."

Last time Daley mentioned an NDA I assumed she had signed one herself with the management of Playtonic since she is the most customer-facing employee of the company, but this sounds like something that the whole of Playtonic has going on with some outside organization, which raises two very interesting questions:

1. What outside intellectual property or properties is Playtonic working with that would make such an NDA necessary?

2. Why is it 500% definitely Banjo-Kazooie? ;) :D

Piet

Re: Interesting tidbit from Y-L 2-year article

Postby Piet » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 am

rocho

Postby rocho » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:14 pm

I wouldn't say it is Banjo-Kazooie BUT imagine if Playtonic comes up with a nice racing game a la Diddy Kong Racing AND Rare let's them use Banjo as a selectable character?

I could totally see that being a possibility as it would be a guest in another game similar to its Minecraft appearance.

I guess that would be a nice way to test waters on a Playtonic x Microsoft collab.

Edit: I guess the only problem could be Playstation on this but who knows I'm just daydreaming

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:21 pm

I don't want to let anyone down, but I'm pretty sure it's common practice for staff to sign an internal NDA. This would mean Daley and most of the other devs would have signed a Playtonic NDA just as standard procedure, having nothing to do with any third party franchise.

Alternatively, Team 17 is their publisher, so they may also have some control over what is and isn't revealed.
Taylonic Ltd.

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:47 pm

i don't know if you guy know about this :

https://www.geek.com/games/cuphead-on-s ... e-1779310/

nintendo and microsoft are kinda together now.. this news is a good thing if we want a banjo 3 .

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 am

NDAs are typical practice in gaming and can be used in internally without any other companies been involved.

Also, I wouldn't want this team making Banjo-Kazooie. They dont have what it takes. I'd rather them make new games of their own.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”