Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Shoegayzer

Re: Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Postby Shoegayzer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 pm

-
Last edited by Shoegayzer on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aussie Legend

Postby Aussie Legend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Between the time when the kickstarter was announced on stream till now, this js what I've come up with (I'll probably think of cooler stuff later on and/or look back on these suggestions and facepalm)

Initial Plans (this is just my interpretation)

*New 3D Platformer (universe?) with an old feel but a new look
*Veteran 3D Platformer designers and programmers reuniting for passion project
*Many new worlds to explore, many new characters to interact with and many new things to collect
*Platforms: PC & WiiU

Stretch Goals

*Increasing the amount of content: the amount of worlds (assuming that is how it ends up being structured) accessible in the game, which in turn means more characters and music etc
*PS4/XB1 Versions (I'd personally play the game on PS4 if given the choice personally, but I understand there is a legacy thing so I understand people wanting it on Nintendo platforms specifically. I want the game to be successful so I'd like it on at least one of the other consoles in addition if its possible :P)
*Vita version (no way this happens but I'm just gonna throw it out there just in case. This is the last platform you should be worrying about though as much as I love the system)
*Simulatenous release across all platforms (preferably not have to be a stretch goal but hey, we're talking realistically here)
*Amiibo support (not necessarily something I'm after but it seemed really popular when you mentioned it on stream. Whether or not this includes your own set of amiibos, just the one that could be included in a certain tier. Whilst I think it would be cool for having support for current amiibo, maybe in the Mario Kart 8 style of "have some silly clothes if you put an amiibo down" but that's not very realistic. I don't know, you guys can probably think of something cool)
*Some kind of local multiplayer? (at this point we have a companion character, maybe if there is Banjo and Kazooie split type mechanics that another person could control them? Obviously you can't have puzzles based around it, or maybe its just the companion character pointing out collectibles or attacking independantly of the main character though still attached obviously. I dunno, just an idea)
*Themed worlds (okay, I'm not even sure this would even be possible, but Shovel Knight got me thinking that maybe if enough money was raised a themed level on each of the platforms could be done. For instance the WiiU version could have an area that resembles a mario level, the ps4 version having a LittleBigPlanet or Crash Bandicoot level, and XB1 having a... I'm not sure I should suggest a Banjo level cause I don't think that would be realistic, something, I'd love to see Conker and Chris Seavour in garble speak mode somehow. PC would be harder to pin down so I'd have to think about it more. The inspiration for the idea actually came from me wanting to hear Kirkhope interpret other themes in his style, and whilst realistically this is unrealistic as hell considering the monumental pain it would be to develop multiple levels if maybe the area has sort of a common skeleton about it with maybe just the art and characters being themed? I don't know. This is like 400-500% of the funding amount level but I think it would be a fun idea and something maybe someone hasn't suggested yet)

Tier Rewards/Miscellaneous ideas
*Name in the credits
*Branded merch (plushes of characters considering the style and type of characters would be nice, other things like keychains and miscellaneous things)
*N64 cartridge replica (I hadn't thought of this until it was brought up here and I think its an awesome idea. Having each numbered like the recent 20th Anniversary PS4's would be awesome, and having the download code embroided on the back or on the inside for the platform of your choice would be super rad. If this was like a $50 tier I can imagine that tier disappearing FAST.)
*Backer secret room (I saw this mentioned earlier and I think its a neat idea, a secret room that pays tribute and considering the humor of the game probably pokes fun at the whole kickstarter idea.)
*Design/Voice an NPC (if you need any terrible Australian accents I will literally pay you for the privilege haha, actually serious I would love this to be an actual tier... and not too much out of my budget hopefully [couple hundred? or less of course if you're nice])
- Physical Artbook & Soundtrack (I don't "personally" need a physical edition of the game proper, a lot will disagree, but these two in particular I would love to have [even if its just as a tier reward])
*Other cool stuff!

gyroscope

Postby gyroscope » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:37 pm

mijuee

Postby mijuee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:40 pm

I don't know how they could manage that but it will be very interesting if they gave lots of possibilities in the kickstarter, I mean that for example I'm not so keen on the n64 cartridge replica, however will love to see a retail version of the game on wii U. I explain this cause I believe that they should give lots of options, not that you have to pay lots of money until you get something you want and have invested on things you don't like. So I will put a price to every thing on kickstarter, for example: 20$ art book, 15$ soundtrack, 5$ poster etc. So if you just want the soundtrack just pay 15$ and shipping.

GrinWithoutaKat

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I'd prefer stretch goals related to improving/expanding the game over physical rewards.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm

I'm gonna have to support the stretch goal idea of having an inconspicuous goldfish somewhere in the game who taps on his bowl three times.

Tidus1117

Postby Tidus1117 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Backers Rewards:

-Start with digital stuff for low $ backers then go Hardcopy for the ones that pay more.
-Soundtrack hard copy
-Poster
-Artbook
-Plushies
-Tshirt
-Guide when Released
-Exclusive Amiibo
-Some people are willing to pay lots of $$ for voiceover

Stretch Goals:
-More worlds (maybe extra world after beaing the last boss)
-Wii U Version
-Amiibo support! We want amiibo of all the major characters

gyroscope

Postby gyroscope » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Seriously guys, I want a plushie more than anything else now. Being a voice or something would be awesome, but Rare has always had the most adorable characters.

I want a Dragon Kazooie plush now. :cry:

DKVineChad

Postby DKVineChad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Rare

Postby Rare » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I'd take practically anything from these guys.
- a soundtrack
- company merch
- Wii U / 3DS ports. Cross buy. Would be absolutely amazing if possible.
- amiibo of the main characters.
- Donkey Kong / Diddy Kong amiibo support. (heck more if possible!!)
- N64 replica cartridge
- maybe some sort of online multiplayer? I feel like a Wii U version could benefit from having this. It could really use a game like that and it will be a hit. (look at DKC on the Wii U eShop chart)

I wish they'd just start the kickstarter now so they can take my money. all of it.

edit- maybe some good ol' Seavor voice acting?

Nougat

Postby Nougat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:04 pm

What I'd really like is a plethora of jokes in the game. Including character's speech, a console specific play-on-words object behind the couch. (Such as a bone in the shape of an X for the Xbox one, or an ambulance for the WiiU). However, knowing these guys, that probably doesn't need to be a stretch goal.

Kikirini

Postby Kikirini » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:07 pm

I agree with others, I'd love an N64 cartridge replica.
As well as the secrets about Stop n Swop... :P

Nougat

Postby Nougat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:14 pm

I've been reading through some of the other posts, and I think the WORST idea possible is locking content behind a kickstarter/DLC paywall. Seriously, I'm buying the game, that should be enough for the whole game. I don't want to be sad about a door I can't get through. That being said, I still whole-heartedly say some sort of Stop-and-swop is a great idea, as I really enjoyed how it worked on the XB360 versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Except for Banjo-Kazooie now saying it'll unlock stuff in Nuts and Bolts and completely ignoring Banjo-Tooie, even though it still unlocked things in Tooie.

Fuzunga

Postby Fuzunga » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 pm

My favorite stretch goals are the ones that add more content to the game. So that's definitely what I'd want to see. What if they finally included the scrapped multiplayer mode from Banjo-Tooie where one player possesses enemies in a level and tries to stop the other player from completing stages?

But I am liking this physical release idea. I would definitely buy a physical collector's edition of this game if it existed.

Chris.P.Bacon

Postby Chris.P.Bacon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Wii U digital Download and a retail package plus a N64 Cartridge :)

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:33 pm

I only really want to see more in-game content in terms of stretch goals. More worlds, more moves, more items, more music, more, more, more...

I'm not sure about rewards -- and I'm unsure if I'll be able to give a lot, so I probably won't be able to receive any of them anyway!
Taylonic Ltd.

hjort

Postby hjort » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't care much for stretch goals. They're obviously a handy tool for the developers to try and drum up the backing, but I'd rather the main goal include as much of the potential content as possible.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Replica cartridge would be neat!

But I am completely serious about supporting it to get the fish tapping in the fishbowl. #3Taps4Ukulele, heh.

Also agree with no on the DLC paywall/locking content. I want the full game. I will buy it. If I can't toss 100 bucks in, why should I be denied this?
But I'm ALL up for tossing money in to get a plush or cool cartridge thing or a character or a silly joke in; more quirky jokes, please.

MaestroDrake

Postby MaestroDrake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Try a Stop n' Swop for the handhelds including the PSP and tablets. If a program could be downloaded onto your 3DS for example then there wouldn't need to be a 30 seconds or less maybe a pending notice to replace the cartridge.

Also, a 3-D version of Trap Door would be nice.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”