What kind of local 4-Player ya hoping for?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

What kind of Multiplayer ya want!?

Minigames (Tooie Style)
40%
Arenas (DK64 Style)
17%
Mission-Based Arenas (Conker Style)
33%
Other (Specify if you wish)
10%

Total votes: 42

Anna

Re: What kind of local 4-Player ya hoping for?

Postby Anna » Thu May 14, 2015 9:11 pm

As much as I like local multiplayer, I currently live alone so online multiplayer would've been nice. With local-only, I'll most likely skip it altogether. Unless it supports cat players.

As far as types of multiplayer, I'm a huge fan of co-op vs. AI things. PvP (even if it's not strictly CoD-style killing) is not my style at all.
No, not all Xbox owners are dudebros who love grey-and-brown PvP FPSes. Please feel free to quit stereotyping now.

Dracul JOSHI

Postby Dracul JOSHI » Thu May 14, 2015 9:23 pm

Camouflage

Postby Camouflage » Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 pm

I have to third this.

At best, I'll be able to play this game's multiplayer once every few weeks. If there were an online multiplayer option, I could play it pretty much any time I wanted.

karashata

Postby karashata » Fri May 15, 2015 12:41 am

One more for the "no local friends" camp. I'm still glad there will be local multiplayer for those people with friends (or family) close by that will be able to enjoy it.

I personally probably wouldn't play the multiplayer modes very often even if there was an online option. I've always preferred solo gaming experiences over multiplayer ones, but they're still nice to have, for those people that do enjoy that sort of thing, or for times when I'm really bored and just want to see if I can kick someone else's butt at something.

Dracul JOSHI

Postby Dracul JOSHI » Fri May 15, 2015 1:25 am

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Fri May 15, 2015 2:20 am

I'm not even going to vote because ALL of those things would be awesome! I would take any of it. I liked the Tower of Tragedy quiz show multiplayer because my siblings and I could compete for who had the best Banjo-Tooie knowledge. :D

They've already confirmed no online multiplayer. That's really my only complaint, but I'm not going to get upset about its exclusion. If the DLC ended up making multiplayer online?? Singular best improvement they could make. :D
you kuh lady

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 am

Poll needs an option 'I'm really not bothered' I probably won't even use local multiplayer.

Anna

Postby Anna » Fri May 15, 2015 2:46 pm

No, not all Xbox owners are dudebros who love grey-and-brown PvP FPSes. Please feel free to quit stereotyping now.

Social-Ghost

Postby Social-Ghost » Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm hoping for something in the likes of DK64. Though the maps were a bit too big back then, I still had plenty of fun with it, and just imagine online multiplayer 16-players. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :D

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Fri May 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Concerning online multiplayer... I was digging through Playtonic's tweets and saw this:

I'm okay with that. Still, they wouldn't get any complaints from me if they released multiplayer online DLC after the game releases...
you kuh lady

Lienk

Postby Lienk » Fri May 29, 2015 2:13 pm

I hope they incorporate multiplayer games that are independent of the main game, complete with their own gameplay. The reason I say this is because in most games where the multiplayer isn't part of the core-experience (e.g. an adventure game), the gameplay feels often unnatural and forced, and becomes repetitive very quickly (of course there are exceptions).

An example of a game that did it right in my opinion is Super Monkey Ball. Those multiplayer games had nothing to do with the main game and therefore the developers were free to come up with unique and solid gameplay elements for multiplayer, instead of gameplay forced into them from the main game. The multiplayer games were: Monkey Bowling, Monkey Target, Monkey Golf, Monkey Billiards, Monkey Race, and Monkey Fight. All really solid 1-4 player games that were a ton of fun to play, because they were specifically made for multiplayer.

dyarch

Postby dyarch » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:37 pm

i loved the raptor vs cavemen multiplayer game in conkers bad fur day. Quite creative.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”