I expect a Banjo Threeie announcement this year more than any and here's why:
* Microsoft is using this year to "Celebrate Rare", and Banjo-Kazooie is among their most loved and demanded franchises.
* There was recently a tech demo for Xbox One that used Banjo-Kazooie assets (though not in a way I would want the BK3 game to be... and not by Rare, they were borrowed with permission but STILL that builds hype around the characters)
* Phil Spencer going out of his way to say he would be okay with BK being in Sm4sh.
* Banjo has been repeatedly teased this year, including being name dropped in several interviews regarding what Rare is going to be doing.
* Playtonic Game's Gavin Pierce said he knows what Rare was working on before he left and "fans of Banjo Kazooie will be satisfied".
* The project building buzz wouldn't be Conker because that's being released in Project Spark, I don't think it's Battletoads, which basically leaves Banjo Kazooie.
* 3D platformers are getting HUGE demand, and Microsoft has now seen this. I know Microsoft isn't a company to move first into uncertain territory usually, so now that demand has been proven they may move.
* There has been a LOT of general buzzing about Banjo and Kazooie in Smash and coming from Microsoft, and the rumor mill tends to start running hardest before a big announcement.
If there's no Banjo Threeie announcement this year, I honestly don't think it'll ever happen. But I'm really hopeful. I think this year is going to be Year of the Year for years to come.
Last edited by dotEXE
on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the forum great again.